We believe in a simple approach to nutrition. We focus on making the healthiest real-life choice we can and keeping it all in balance.
Any given day, you might see us eating:
- whole grains
- healthy fats
- lean protein
- fresh fruit & veggies
- a glass of wine
- a piece of cake ;)
We truly believe that if you eat a healthy, balanced diet 90% of the time that you can also enjoy a treat 10% of the time. Plus, the more you can unlink food as a reward, the easier you’ll be able to control your portions of even the foods you typically over indulge in.
As you learn a healthy balance, it also takes away the word “diet” or “extreme” – it’s just how you eat. Having such a simple approach has helped us not only get to our goal weight but maintain our happy weight.
With that said, nutrition plays a bigger role in our weight loss and other fitness goals.
While you may be working out, your results might be minimal if your nutrition isn’t in check. It’s been said by professional nutritionists, trainers, body builders and even celebrities–your diet must be clean to see your results!
Working out can only undo so many bad food choices. That killer 30-minute workout is about a calorie burn of 300. That’s about 3 FUN SIZE Snickers bars or a small bag of chips.
So we look at workouts as a way to improve our overall health while nutrition is more based on a healthy weight. Workouts shouldn’t be discounted, though – they can help your heart health, energy, sleep, skin, and mood. Plus they can help place our weight where we want – for example, a killer booty versus saddlebags.
We want to make your food choices as easy as possible.
So let’s figure out how to improve your nutrition! After all, it’s the main factor in hitting your health goals!
If you don’t see a specific post you’re looking for on SoreyFitness – just type a topic into the search bar above.
Your Weekly Meal Plans
Sometimes all it takes is having a plan in place! You are welcome to try any of our meal plans below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in our monthly Simple Slim-Down which includes your meal plan, grocery list, and daily support!
- 2 Week Eat Clean Meal Plan
- 80/20 Approach to Eating Clean Meal Plan
- 1 More Week Eat Clean Meal Plan with a Treat
- Joy Bauer’s 90/10 Meal Plan (created by Sorey Fitness)
- A Higher Calorie Meal Plan (2100 calories)
- Paleo Meal Plan Based Off the Whole 30
Smart Choices & Other Nutrition Guides
We also know there are so many choices out there – including fast food. We provide you with a simple approach and our takes on some of the biggest food fads.
- Get Our FREE Printable Healthy Fast Food Choices Here
- The 3 Day KickStart to Any Workout or Diet
- Our Whole 30 Review (a Must Read for Paleo Research)
- Portion Control Diet
- Ultimate Guide to Starting & Maintaining the Eat Clean Diet!
- Ultimate Reset – Your Vegan Option
Our Top Nutrition Tips
- Lose 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks Through a Healthy Diet
- Healthy Habits – 11 Tips to Get To Your Goal Weight
- 5 Ways to Maintain Your Healthy Weight
- A Shakeology Review – Should You Swap Breakfast for it?
- Lose Weight At Work
- Diet Food Makes You Fat
- 15 Cheap, Healthy Foods for Anyone
- 10 Healthy Snacks on the Go!
- How Many Calories Should You Eat?
- How Many Calories are You Burning?
- Top Daily Diet Habits
- What Kind of Milk Should You Drink?
Food & Recipes
- Your Health Pizza Fix
- Thug Kitchen’s Meatless Burritos
- No Mayo Paleo Chicken Salad
- Healthy Football Snacks for the Big Game
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Greek Yogurt Key Lime Pie
- Edamame & Succotash
- Chili Recipes
- White Chili
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza