Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- 1- Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1-tsp Baking Powder
- 1-Cup Uncooked rolled Oats
- 1-Cup Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
- 1/2-Cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2-Cup Coconut Oil Unrefined, and melted over medium heat
- 1/2 -1 tsp Ginger
- Optional: Chopped Walnuts or Almonds
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mix dry ingredients by hand: Whole Wheat flour, Rolled Oats, and Shredded Coconut in a large bowl.
2. In a seperate and smaller bowl combine coconut oil, agave nectar and ginger. Coconut oil should be melted over medium heat and then combined. Mix well by hand.
3. Combine all ingredients: Put the ingredients in the small bowl into the larger bowl.
4. Mix well by hand.
5. Using a non-stick pan, take about a tbs of the mixture and form into a circle on the pan, seperate each by at least 3-inches.
6. Sprinkle a litte shredded coconut on the top if desired.
7. Cook 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on each side, the cookies should be tan in color, but golden brown on the edges.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy!!
—Note: These cookies can also be added with nuts, 3/4 cup of walnuts, or almonds for example. I made two different batches, and I personally liked them better without the nuts
YIELD: 12-18- Depending on the size
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10-12 minutes