For February, I shared 8 Heart Healthy Tips to getting healthy. I know we are in March now (can you believe it?!), but I had to share this gluten free, good for your heart recipe.
I found the recipe online at Boarshead.com. I always try to pick out hormone-free, no-salt added meats. You can order chickens and cows at the Farmer’s Market here, but the deli selection is a little scary. I don’t live around a Whole Foods so the only thing I ever buy is Boar’s Head heart-healthy deli meats because it’s been certified as heart healthy.
Gluten Free Turkey Spaghetti Squash (Recipe)
What You’ll Need
1 Small Spaghetti squash
1 TB Olive oil
1 LargeGarlic clove , crushed
2 TB Fresh basil , chopped
1 TB Fresh parsley , chopped
¼ C Peas, frozen , defrosted and drained
¼ C Tomato , diced
5 oz Ovengold® Roasted Breast of Turkey , diced
Boar’s Head Parmigiano-Reggiano , to taste
How to Fix It
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Cut each half into equal pieces.
- Place squash into a steamer basket in a Dutch oven with water and cook on high to steam until tender (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
- Using a fork, remove the squash strands from the shell; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, basil, parsley and squash; toss lightly to coat.
- Add the peas, tomatoes and turkey. Lightly sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
This recipe is perfect for two people, or you can double it to make it big enough for the whole family …or left overs! :) The Ovengold Turkey deli meat is my favorite for sandwiches too. Add tomato, onion, and a piece of cheese on a piece of Ezekiel bread, and you have lunch!
Adding in just one or two good for your heart recipes like the one above from Boar’s Head can help your overall health by lowering your cholesterol, weight, and sodium levels!
What is your favorite good for you and your heart recipe?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boar’s Head for SociaSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.