My original Sparkling ICE Review was so popular, I wanted to take the time to update it – 6 years later! You may find affiliate links within this post.
To say my husband and I are attached to Coke and Coke Zero would be an understatement. We go to the grocery every week, and every week those bubbles end up in our cart. (Find out what else we eat on our nutrition page – including meal plans!)
I know – healthy blogger chugging Coke Zero isn’t a great picture, but everyone has to have at least one vice, right?
We heard about Sparkling ICE from my grandmother. She absolutely raved about it, and we figured maybe it could help us kick our dirty little soda secret.
- Sparkling ICE Water comes in all kinds of flavors.
- Our favorites are the orange, cherry, grapefruit and kiwi strawberry.
- Amazon has several variety packs to pick from, and if you are a prime member you get free shipping!
- The flavors are made from natural fruit juices.
- They have a better flavor to me than other flavored waters like SoBe and Vitamin Water.
- They are around $1 at our grocery stores.
- They sell them individually or in bundles
- Amazon has been the cheapest for us – you can usually get 12 for $7.75 (view the deal)
These are not a water substitute by any means. Instead of us replacing our water with these, we chose to mix them in to help with our Coke habit. We loved the carbonation, vitamins and rich flavor.
Sparkling ICE combines natural fruit juices, vitamins, and antioxidants with fresh mountain spring water; however, they sweeten it with artificial sugars.
One large perk is that they are zero calories.
The reason its able to be so sweet and zero calories is due to the artificial sugars though. Sparkling ICE contains sucralose, maltodextrin, and mannitol. All of which aren’t great. They won’t kill you, but the sweeteners do make this more like a soda versus water.
The flavored water market is huge. Here are 5 of the brands we’ve also tried along with Sparkling ICE.
- Soda Stream – This fancy little machine allows you to carbonate your own water to your preference and add in flavor. We personally liked the energy flavor mixed with grapefruit, but the regular soda was like drinking a major generic brand. A lot of their mix-ins don’t contain artificial sweeteners, but it’s best to check each label.
- La Croix – This is the healthy version of ICE, but it tastes like the healthy version. We never could find a flavor we liked. It sounds like crow, and it tastes like it too.
- Vitamin Water still has those pesky sweeteners in it, but it lacks the bubbles.
- Zevia – We really thought we were onto something with Zevia. Then, they updated their brand to not include coloring. Maybe it was mental, but when they upgraded we felt like the taste was different. However, if you’re looking for all natural AND love a good Coke, try these. You can get them in the grocery too in the health food section.
Did our Sparkling ICE review help you? Have you tried them before?
You can also order Sparkling ICE on Amazon which is pretty cool! Prime members even get free shipping!