Now it’s the big day, we get to set our goals. Are you ready to set some “woah! That would be amazing” type goals?
You goals should….
- match your priorities we sat in day 2
- be in line with your mission statement
- written down
- be specific, measurable, and have a deadline (I usually do mine in a year with smaller goals every quarter)
- involve a change that challenges you and your current behavior
- be written in present tense as if you have completed the goal
- be somewhere you can always see them (wallet, phone, in your car, etc)
Those are my only guidelines! Dream big and don’t be afraid!
Here are my goals (I did 10, and from research 10 seems to be the magic number)
- I have a successful blog with 1,000 subscribers a year.
- I blogged 4-6 times a week this year.
- I am a Beachbody diamond coach making $1,000 a week.
- I am in better shape than ever and able to do 5 one handed pushups.
- I completed my graduate coursework in education.
- I took 2 vacations this year.
- I am closer to Jake and have plan something new and/or fun each month for us.
- I have a new group of friends (after a nasty falling out with my best friend in June it has been hard to meet new people).
- I am involved in church.
- I have paid off my student loans.
All of my goals scare me a little, but I can imagine how great it would be if I make them all happen! I have been reading a ton on how to take these 10 statements and turn them into reality–no matter what your goals are you can achieve them, and I hope my journey helps you as well! Tomorrow we’ll get into the nitty gritty of making all of our goals happen!
Subscribe to the blog to get every post in the motivational series! <–You can do this by email or a reader (see the top right corner)
How was your Friday? My students were a little wild. They had yesterday off, and it was snowing today so all bets were off!
We are about to head out to see Safe House with Denzel Washington and out to eat. I haven’t seen anything in the theater since Sherlock Holmes so I can’t wait. :)
Tomorrow we are going to a small concert hall to see a local country artist so hopefully I will have some good pictures tomorrow to post!
What’s going on this weekend?
What are your goals?