Update: While Combat has been discontinued, I think I have found the perfect replacement. If you’re as bummed as I am that Les Mills canceled the Combat DVDs check out Core De Force! It’s a mixed martial arts workout with 2 former Les Mills Pump trainers.
My favorite type of workout program is definitely strength. I love the feeling of lifting weights and getting stronger. Plus, the heart pumping feeling of cardio is not my favorite feeling. Call me crazy.
With that said, my workout program mix has lead me to some nice strength improvements and muscle growth. As a woman, I’m never going to bulk up like a man, but each workout program is going to give my muscles a different look (read more about why each workout program changes your muscle differently). Right now I have been focused on heavy weights, so my muscles are bigger.
Even though I love strength workout programs, I feel like it’s time to mix in some more cardio-based resistance training instead. So it’s time to put down the 30lb dumbbells and move onto more body-resistance moves like planks, pushups and globe jumps.
I decided on Les Mills workout program, Combat to lean out my muscle tone!
It’s a 60-day mixed martial arts workout program that uses your whole body for strength and cardio power. Most of the workouts are under an hour, and I love the trainers!! They are from Les Mills Pump. While I’m not really a cardio-girl (I’d choke someone who told me to run everyday), I think the hardcore vibe from Combat will help me stay committed. I also love having a video and moves to keep me going – it makes a world of difference for me doing cardio! Plus, I know the result will be leaner, tighter muscles and hopefully even a drop in my body fat.
As always though – my nutrition plan is 80% of my results! Combat does come with a nutritional guidebook though so I am looking forward to incorporating those meals into the next 60 days too!
A little more on Les Mills Combat:
- Les Mills’ trainers Dan Cohen and Rachael Newsham are fearless leaders! As experts in a great number of martial arts disciplines, they will teach you, challenge you, inspire you, and keep you accountable in your quest to unleash your inner warrior—and build an outrageously strong, sexy body.
- All of these fat-burning, strength-building martial arts sequences have been carefully choreographed to some of today’s most popular, energizing music—motivating you through the highs and lows of the workout, and driving you to achieve your absolute best results!
Benefits of Les Mills Combat Workout
- Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Tones and shapes key muscle groups
- Burns calories for a leaner body
- Improves co-ordination and agility
- Improves bone density
- Improves posture and core strength and stability
- Builds self-confidence
What workout program are you currently doing?
Do you like strength or cardio workouts more?
Also, my mom and I are hosting a Core de Force 60-Day Challenge Group with a prize to the biggest loser! The group will be focused and require daily accountability to make sure everyone gets their best results for the next 2 months. We’ll all look great for the holidays after the challenge too!
If you need year-round fitness support and accountability, add us as your Beachbody coach to join our private group where members share recipes, tips, meal plans, progress, and more. We also do a smaller giveaway in that group each month to keep everyone motivated! It’s totally private and free for members. Click here to join.