Let’s be real for a minute.
So many of us, me included, can get stuck making our fitness motivation all about our appearance. I mean, who doesn’t want to be at goal weight and have washboard abs?
With our vacation right around the corner, I have fallen victim to wanting these things instead of focusing on being healthy. Not only is this so annoying, it also is an ineffective technique for my fitness motivation.
The studies…found that the emphasis on losing weight in lieu of other healthy goals had a detrimental effect on dieters; they ended up depressed, guilty, and dissatisfied with their bodies, which led to weight gain.
But there are plenty of other reasons to put your fitness first, and I think are just as important as what you look like!
Reboot Your Fitness Motivation with 9 Ways How Exercise Helps You
- Working out helps your energy.
- It also helps your body rest and sleep deeper.
- Your endurance will improve.
- It helps prevent disease.
- Fitness boosts your mood and confidence.
- A good workout can help you de-stress too.
- Putting fitness first will help you meet others that have the same priorities.
- It can keep you looking younger at any weight.
- Exercising can help improve your mind and productivity.
Also, if you need some an accountability partner or a fitness accountability group, I host a private group on Facebook. We all share our goals, progress, recipes, tips, questions, and also do a monthly giveaway. I’d love to add you — just send me a friend request and a quick message to join. My profile is facebook.com/kaleesorey