The plank uses your whole body. I used to really down play it because you are just holding a pose. My mindset totally changed after after taking the Plank Challenge with Team Engaged, the year round accountability group I host. The plank is a total body move and will make every muscle tribble!
I can tell a huge difference in my core and abs. Since you are using your own body resistance, you are also working all of those tiny stabilizer muscles we tend to overlook.
Since our plank challenge was so popular with our group, my mom and I are going to host a December Plank Challenge too! We’ll work up to 20 minutes by the end of December.
Part 1 of SoreyFitness’ Plank Challenge Core Workout Series!
We’ll post Part 2 next week– make sure to LIKE us on Facebook to get it a day before everyone else. Let’s keep it tight over the holidays!
3 Moves: 1 minute a piece. Repeat 3 times for a killer core workout under 10 minutes!
The goal is to add in 3 new moves next week and repeat all 6 twice.
This week’s moves:
1. Mountain Climbers 2. Drop Planks 3. Oblique Twists in a Plank
Plank Challenge Tips:
1. Keep your body as still as possible and focus on balancing your weight through the whole body.
2. If any of the moves become too difficult, drop to your knees to modify.
3. Keep your booty down and head away from your shoulders while looking 3-5 inches straight ahead to keep proper form.
4. Squeeze your inner thighs together and tighten the core to work every muscle.