Jessie is one of my mom and my good fitness friends. She is so inspirational and a sweetie. I was so excited when she offered to share her weight loss success! I hope you enjoy her tips, and thank you so much Jessie!
During my journey of losing 70 pounds I learned a lot! I’m here to share my top 5 tips to ensure your weight loss success.
- Be a SMARTy pants! Make sure your goals are SMART– Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. By having a game plan you’ll know exactly what you need to do to reach your goals.
- Count on Accountability. Checking in with a spouse or a friend is a great way to make sure you are staying on track. Your Beachbody coach (like Kalee and myself) are people in your life that can help you. You are more likely to let yourself down than someone else. Having people help and support you on your journey is essential.
- Perfection is an illusion. One day of bad eating or a missed workout will not erase day, weeks, and months of hard work. Keep everything in perspective. Kalee and I both subscribe to the 80/20 rule. At least 80% of your actions should be supporting your weight loss goals. You are not a failure if you keep going.
- Consistency is the key to constant results. Don’t throw in the towel because you aren’t seeing results as quickly as you thought you would. This is learning process in which you will figure out what works for you and supports your body. Tired of starting over? Don’t give up in the first place! Remember why you are doing this and keep moving forward.
- Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Don’t get overwhelmed by all the changes you want to make in regards to your body and lifestyle. Start small and work your way up! Do not allow yourself to get overwhelmed! If you want to lose 30 pounds in total focus on losing 5 pounds this month which is about a little a pound a week. If you want to be able to complete a workout routine without pausing or modifying, focus on getting through the first 10 minutes. Every change, no matter how small, is one step closer to reaching your ultimate goal. Remember who the members of your support team are and reach out to them. Keep checking in with yourself and your accountability partners to make sure you are making progress towards your goals.
While you are on your weight loss journey one of the biggest things you’ll focus on besides food and exercise is clothes! You HAVE to wear clothes. Here are 3 things I did that made life a lot easier for me while I was going down in size.
- Skinny belts are a skinny waist’s best friend! While you are losing weight you’ll be in-between sizes a lot. Find a skinny belt in a neutral color and take it to your nearest shoe repair shop or Nordstrom department store and have them punch an extra 3-5 holes. This will allow you to easily keep your pants up while you are shrinking without the extra bulge of a thick belt! They are also great to cinch in the wait of a dress that is a tad too big.
- Find pieces to take you from work to recreation. You’ll eventually buy some new clothes before you are at your ultimate goal weight. Bargain priced cardigans are great in the cooler months. Paired with a pencil skirt or dress slacks they are office appropriate. They also look super cute paired with jeans for a preppy put together casual look. Summer dresses are great for the warmer months. You can make them work friendly by covering up sleeveless styles with the aforementioned cardigan! When the cardigan and/or dress gets too big, use the belt you got altered to narrow the waist!
- Accessorize! Purses, nail polish, earrings, and headbands will fit you no matter what size you are! Save money by investing in accessories that will brighten up bargain priced clothing.
I hope you have found these tips helpful, and congratulations on starting your own weight loss success story!