A Greek pita sandwich, working out whenever, and staying up late are just a few marvelous things I love about summer. Soon I’ll be a new teacher though!
This Greek pita sandwich is my new favorite lunch. We have so much fresh tomatoes which makes me feel like I’m back in vacationing in Athens. :P
Marvelous Greek Pita Sandwich
- Pita Bread (I like Kangaroo’s Whole Wheat Pitas)
- 1 T Hummus (slather it on the pita bread)
- 1/2 Baked Chicken Breast
- 1 Whole Roma Tomato
- 3-4 Pieces of Spinach
- 1 T feta cheese
Combine, eat, & enjoy!
Love this idea? Check out our other healthy lunch recipes!
Last Thursday was our county’s New Teacher Orientation. While some of it was redundant, I did enjoy the (marvelous!) new teacher prep breakout.
The instructors shared how students know a teacher is new or not based on certain traits. All of the traits are really not helpful to the classroom environment, and honestly, if you don’t fix them your teaching life will be HARD.
It’s funny how all of them also relate to why people have a hard time managing their workouts and diet too.
New Teachers (& exercisers) are…
- Inconsistent – It doesn’t matter if you have a lesson plan or plans to workout and diet 3 days if you blow it off mid-week. You have to do a little a day, everyday.
- Create too many rules they can’t maintain – Just like I can’t expect my kids to be angels everyday, I can’t expect myself to workout 2 hours a day and never pick up a dessert again. Just. Won’t. Happen.
- Pushovers – Don’t forget the reason WHY in anything you do.
- Unplanned – I always think I am such a good planner, but if a quiz or a workout isn’t written in my calendar, it doesn’t happen.
Looking back at my 9-week interim, I can definitely see I have these problems in the classroom and the “gym” (I workout at home). I hope my 9-weeks last spring can count as my new teacher hazing though, and I can learn from it. I already have my rules for the parents to review and signs around the room to serve as kind OBVIOUS reminders.
One of the marvelous things about being a teacher is the summer breaks to catch up and brainstorm new ideas though. Being able to workout at 10am and fix lunch at home isn’t bad either!
What is Marvelous in your Monday?
Have you tried the Greek Pita Sandwich? What did you think?