As ya’ll might notice, I am a planner. One of my favorite movie lines is from 500 Days of Summer. Zooey Deschanel’s character, Summer, jokes she was called “anal girl” in high school because she was so neat and organized. (Here’s the clip if you’re completely lost on the weird reference) Needless to say, I can relate! With that said, I love to put my goals onto paper.
Goals for 2012
- Finish the TurboFire Casting Call — done (see the blog post about it!)
- Pass my Praxis Content Knowledge Test — done August 2011 (Scored a 151)
- Be involved with my family more — done. I saw my family on a weekly basis for the most part and started doing Scrabble nights with my great grandmother a few times this year.
- Surround myself with new people — not complete but getting there
- Learn how to invest and budget — done. I read a financial blog once a day, and I also designed a budget using Dave Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover
- Graduate college with honors in Finance & Marketing — May 2011
- Save $1,000 just for “fun” (not for my typical savings) — I believe this is done, but I haven’t had a need for it and won’t allow myself to check the balance until I am dying to for something fun. It’s been taken out from my mad money for a year!
- Take a day off/do something adventurous each month — sorta done. This year I went to a wine tasting, zip lined, painted, tried several new restaurants, and went on a small trip in the spring.
Here are my goals for 2012!
They are written in present form because I have read it helps keeps you focused on achieving them…yes, I’m that girl. In all fairness, I did warn you!
1. I have a successful blog with 1,000 subscribers and active community.
2. I helped a person each week with their diet and fitness goals.
3. I am in better shape than ever and able to lift 30 lbs on my bicep curls.
4. I am a full-time high school math teacher.
5. I paid off my student loans.
6. I took 2 vacations (I’m thinking New York, California, and/or the beach)
7. I stopped thinking negatively.
8. I did something new or unusual each month.
9. I have found a church and am actively involved. (This one scares me a lot for some reason).
What are you so glad you did in 2011?
What are your goals for 2012? Do you write them out?