My mom and I are going on a cruise with Beachbody for work in a couple of weeks; I know tortuous job right?
We’ve been on one cruise before, but it was about 7 years ago. We were completely clueless on what to pack for a cruise and took way too much.
Talk about a throwback! ^^
This trip will be different in a few ways though.
1) It’s my last trip to the beach as a single lady! Which nothing will be different as a married lady either, but it’s like our last mother-daughter trip in the same dynamic we have now.
2) We are going with a lot of friends. It’s a Beachbody cruise that a lot of our friends also earned. Last time we went, we didn’t know anyone, and we ate alone at dinner so we missed out on that whole experience.
3) We’re going to the Caribbean!
We had originally said we were just going to do a carry-on a piece, but now we are starting to rethink it. I just don’t know if we can pack for a cruise (with all the different themed nights) in a carry-on. We can check a bag for free too, and that way we don’t have to carry a heavy bag throughout the airport and plane.
What We Pack For a Cruise
1. Tennis Shoes – I don’t know how much walking we will do on this trip, but the last cruise we only packed flip flops and sandals. We walked every day and were so active that our toes were screaming!
2. Sandals – Sandals for all of the dinners and lazy days. Neither one of us are packing heels; it is a vacation after all?
3. Workout Clothes – Autumn Calabrese from the 21 Day Fix, Insanity’s Shaun T, and Tony Horton from P90X will all be on the ship and doing daily workouts! I really am hoping for a little yoga or pilates to be mixed in. I hate doing cardio in front of a ton of people. Most cruise ships also have a gym to workout in too though.
4. 2 Bathing Suits (5 day cruise) – It never fells that I get somewhere with one, and it looks terrible (see-through or won’t tie right).
5. Shorts that double as a cover up
6. Tshirts that double as pajamas
7. Theme Night Dresses – We have a White Party, Disco Party, and Formal Night 3 of the 5 days.
8. Hair Straightener to double as a curling iron – I love Pinterest’s tutorials!! I will never pack a curling iron or curlers again.
9. Hair ties -Workouts and wind will not be our friend.
10. An extension cord (if possible). A friend that cruises all the time has warned us there are hardly any plugs, and that they are in weird places.
11. Camera with plenty of SD cards to take a gob of pictures!
13. Sunscreen (another reason for a checked bag!)
14. One jacket
15. Antibacterial Wipes
16. Emergency Medicine kit
17. A few casual, mix-and-match pieces for during the day
As I write out my list to pack for a cruise, I feel like I’m a little too prissy. What else should I bring?
Going on a trip too and not sure what to pack for a cruise?
Also any tips on food and drinks?
I know the last cruise we went on I actually lost weight because the food wasn’t just amazing (on the boat…Greek food was holy moly good!), and we stayed really active during the day. I don’t want to pig out with the wedding right around the corner, but after 2 rounds of the 21 Day Fix, I’m ready to have a week I don’t track everything. When I get back, I’m going to mix it and TurboFire together to get wedding ready!!! :)
What do you pack for a cruise?
*My mom and I earned this cruise by being Beachbody coaches. As coaches we help others figure out what workout will help them reach their goals and keep them motivated. It’s seriously my dream job and so rewarding. The trips are just a bonus. Check out our review of coaching in 2013 here or learn more about coaching with our Coach Guide here.
It’s almost time to break out the shorts, skirts, and dresses! I am so excited!
I’ve been looking at Pinterest for spring and summer outfits this weekend, and I’m in love with these lace shorts! Aren’t they cute?
One of the things I absolutely hate about showing off my legs is when I miss a couple hairs on my knee. I can triple check before I leave, and then as soon as I get in the car I see 3 rebellious hairs. How embarrassing!!
Then, Venus Snap sent me a sample, and problem solved!! The Venus Snap is small enough to go in my purse and discretely go and smooth out any places I missed. No more hairy knees! Where has this been all of my summer?
Another perk of the Venus Snap? My mom and I are going on a cruise later this month with Beachbody. We’ve been once before and loved it. I’m so excited, and I am such a weirdo and like the bottom room. While it’s really small, it’s so dark and quiet. I could sleep for days.
To say the shower is small is a complete understatement though. There is no room for anything….including a full razor. Plus our luggage needs as much room as possible for shorts, flip flops, workout clothes, and dresses.
The Venus Snap is just like my razor at home, but it’s smaller and comes with a cute compact case. It also has a ribbon of moisture to help with a smooth shave with water. I love the compact case because it makes it safe to carry in my purse and luggage, and it doesn’t take up any room in the shower.
Are you planning on going anywhere for Spring Break?
Have you tried the Venus Snap?
It’d also be great if you work out at the gym and need to freshen up after a tough workout!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
My mom and I are going on a cruise with Beachbody for work in a couple of weeks; I know tortuous job right? We’ve been on one cruise before, but it was about 7 years ago. We were completely clueless on what to pack for a cruise and took way too much. Talk about a […]
It’s almost time to break out the shorts, skirts, and dresses! I am so excited! Lace Shorts by qtpiekelso featuring short shorts I’ve been looking at Pinterest for spring and summer outfits this weekend, and I’m in love with these lace shorts! Aren’t they cute? One of the things I absolutely hate about showing off […]
I’ve been adding caffeine to my workout for about a year now. Last year I was teaching and trying to get ready for my first Beachbody trip to Disney World. I wanted to make sure I was getting in my workouts, but I was so tried after school. After reading a lot of reviews of […]
(The Les Mills PUMP RevAbs hybrid is just one from my Beachbody Hybrid Schedules from the Fitness page) Les Mills PUMP RevAbs Hybrid Workout Schedule Need PUMP or Rev Abs? Click Here to Shop Modify the Les Mills Pump RevAbs hybrid for your level of fitness and goals. Everyone and every body is different; always tailor each hybrid to suit your needs and check […]
- What to Pack For a Cruise? The Countdown is On!
- Venus Snap Razor for the Beach and My Purse!
- Adding Caffeine To Your Workout: Using Energy and Endurance
- Les Mills PUMP RevAbs Hybrid Workout Schedule
- Getting Fit in Print – Loving 3 New Workout Capris by Onzie
- 15 Cheap Healthy Foods for Anyone (College Students, Families, Single Parents)
- [BELIEVE] Week 3 Recap of the Move Nourish Believe Challenge
- Muscle Soreness From Strength Training Workouts – The Cause & Remedies
- Are you one of our five?
- Aetna – What’s Your Healthy? 5 Tips to Feeling Healthy Inside and Out