My mom has always worked out at home, and she inspired me to do the same. Throughout the years, we’ve tried probably a hundred workouts, and we’ve outlined our favorite workouts at home below!
This is my mom by the way doing a PiYo plank. Is this not the coolest move? And can you tell that working out at home can be super effective and keep you looking young?
When You’re Choosing a Workout at Home
Make sure to ask yourself:
1) What are my goals? Am I trying to lose weight, see my muscle tone improve, or a mixture of the two?
2) How much time do I have to commit 6 days a week?
3) What is my exercise level? You want to choose something challenging but achievable. You don’t want to start with an advanced workout if you’ve never worked out a day in your life or in years.
4) Do I have knee or joint pain? If you do, we would suggest doing a low-impact workout. Low-impact means low impact on your joins which usually translates to no jumping.
We’ve tried everything from Denise Austin’s yoga to TaeBo and The Firm, but below we’ve listed our favorite workouts at home along with why we love them.
Our Favorite Workouts at Home
*Each link is set up for you to be able to order. By ordering from this site, you are supporting SoreyFitness & also have us as your free coaches. The 1st link is the to program only, and the challenge pack comes with Shakeology.
We suggest the challenge pack because it’s a discounted price, and it also gives you access to our monthly challenge group for MAX results and accountability like what you would receive in a gym-atmosphere.
Favorite Beginner Workouts at Home
- P90 *low impact friendly* P90 is the brand new workout by Tony Horton that helps you work up to P90X, P90X2, and P90X3. The workouts range from 20-40 minutes and are a mix of strength and cardio.
- The 21 Day Fix – *low impact friendly* The 21 Day Fix workouts are only 30 minutes long. You do workout 7 days a week with it, but honestly - it’s my favorite workout program right now. It goes by so fast, and I lost 11lbs with it in 3 weeks. The meal plan is also amazing and so easy to follow!
Favorite Intermediate Workouts at Home
- T25 - *low impact friendly* T25 is Shaun T’s workout that is only 25 minutes long. It is broken down into 2 phases to mix up the workouts, and it’s only 5 days a week. One day is a double workout though (50 minutes total or break it up and workout 6 days a week for 25 minutes) The workout is a great mix of cardio and toning, and it is perfect for couples wanting to share a workout. (View the T25 Challenge Pack)
- ChaLEAN Extreme – ChaLEAN Extreme was what originally got me hooked on strength training. It’s a 90 day program, but it is different from P90X. The workouts are 30-40 minutes, meal plan is easier to follow, and Chalene is like your personal trainer watching your form and pushing you farther in slow, controlled strength moves. The program comes with bands, but I prefer free weights. I started with 5, 10, and 15 pound free weights. I am now up to 30 pounds!! (View the ChaLEAN Extreme Challenge Pack)
- PiYo *low impact friendly* PiYo is a blend of pilates and yoga that uses your own body weight as resistance to help you build lean, long muscle while also gaining flexibility and cardio endurance. (View the PiYo Challenge Pack)
- The 21 Day Fix – Much like T25 or P90X3, the 21 Day Fix is very effective and only 30 minutes long. You do workout 7 days a week with it, but honestly - it’s my favorite workout program right now. It goes by so fast, and I lost 11lbs with it in 3 weeks.
Favorite Advanced Workouts at Home
- TurboFire – TurboFire is so effective for weight loss, and it has HIIT workouts that are under 30 minutes. The only downsides to TurboFire is 1) it’s for advanced exercisers only 2) it’s high impact so not good for someone with bad knees 3) it’s not really couple friendly. (View TurboFire’s Challenge Pack)
- P90X3 — P90x3 just came out, and it is perfect for someone that has been wanting to do P90X or have P90X sitting in their closet. It’s 30 minutes a day instead of an hour or longer, and it’s just as effective! (View P90X3′s Challenge Pack)
Do you have any favorite workouts at home?
This eat clean chicken vegetable soup was perfect for fall last night. It was so easy too! I posted it to my Facebook, and everyone was dying for the recipe so here it is!
Easy Eat Clean Chicken Vegetable Soup
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 chili powder (optional)
2 cups chopped white onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 14.5 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes with chiles
5 cups organic, low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups corn
2 lbs cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. Bake your chicken on 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. There should be no pink.
2. Cut up your chicken into bite size, shredded pieces and add all the ingredients to your soup pot.
3. Let simmer for 4 hours.
4. Serve with a little mozzarella on top & eat up!
I love anything in a big soup pot this time of year so this eat clean chicken vegetable soup is a new staple! It’s so easy to fix and talk about leftovers galore!! We munched on this last night, and there is plenty for tonight and tomorrow as well.
I love not having to think about meal prepping something every night and just enjoying the no-clean up when my favorite shows are on. Last night was my “TV Night” as Jake and I tease. I never watch a lot of tv, but I love Wednesdays for The Goldbergs, Modern Family, and Arrow.
Also, I hate to brag – but just so you know – my chili recipe is in the top 5 for Nashville’s best chili! They are voting next Friday to see who’s number 1! Fingers crossed! You can get the recipe right now too! Yum!
Will you try this Easy Eat Clean Chicken Vegetable Soup?
Do you have any favorite tv shows?
My mom has always worked out at home, and she inspired me to do the same. Throughout the years, we’ve tried probably a hundred workouts, and we’ve outlined our favorite workouts at home below! This is my mom by the way doing a PiYo plank. Is this not the coolest move? And can you tell […]
This eat clean chicken vegetable soup was perfect for fall last night. It was so easy too! I posted it to my Facebook, and everyone was dying for the recipe so here it is! Easy Eat Clean Chicken Vegetable Soup Ingredients: 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp red pepper 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 chili powder (optional) 2 […]
(The Rockin Body Schedule is just one from my Beachbody Hybrid Schedules from the Fitness page) Rockin Body Workout Schedule Calendar Modify YOUR workout to suit YOUR needs.. no one particular exercise routine is going to be what’s best for each unique person.. so be in tune with YOUR body & what you can realistically keep up with long-term. What are […]
Tony Horton is best known for creating P90X years ago. P90X was the first workout program my mom and I ever tried and knew this was what an advanced workout looked like. We had done other at-home workouts before, but none of them had as much variety, notes on using proper form, or an in-depth […]
- Favorite Workouts at Home – Lose Weight & Get Fit
- Eat Clean Chicken Vegetable Soup – So Easy to Make!
- Rockin Body Workout Schedule Calendar for Workout Beginners – 4 Weeks
- Tony Horton Review – Should You Do His P90X Workouts?
- Healthy Football Snacks To Enjoy the Game
- Body Beast Review – Is it a Good Workout for Women?
- Brazil Butt Lift Review – Why I Tried It & Liked it
- Healthy Halloween Treats and Snacks For Any Age
- Hip Hop Abs Review – Great Beginners Workout
- Our Wicked Nation Fit Challenge starts soon!