I recapped our Beachbody Success Club cruise to the Caribbean earlier this week, and I even shared some research on what to pack for a cruise before leaving. I still learned a few things along the way though. Isn’t that how it always is?
9 Tips For a Cruise – How to Stay Healthy, Fit & Sleep Great
1. Bring a noise maker & eye mask for bedtime – We were in an interior cabin which was amazing for sleeping in, but if you have a balcony you may want to pack an eye mask. We naturally assumed a balcony always faced out towards the ocean, but apparently we were not right. Some of the balcony’s on our Royal Caribbean ship actually overlooked the “Promenade” which had music, bright lights, and stores in it. Yikes!
In our interior room, we could hear some music above us so having the sound maker really helped. Use “Airplane” mode and/or call your service provider to see if using an app will use data. We also should have warned the boat that we needed two twin beds versus a queen. They easily changed it though.
2. If you buy Wi-Fi, use it on your phone or laptop versus the ship’s computers for faster service. We figured that out after buying 100 minutes on a ship computer, and it taking about 7-10 minutes to check e-mail.
3. Ask expert cruisers (or Facebook friends with past experience) about excursions. We learned that the boat’s excursions are usually overpriced and more “tourist-y” than some of the other excursion companies.
4. Take the hangers down if you have a rough night at sea — our hangers bounced around and sounded like the I Love Lucy episode where Little Ricky learned to play the drums….not a good night’s sleep.
5. Carry-on luggage is easier. You do not have to wait for your luggage to show up in your room, and you do not have to worry about leaving them out the night before departing either.
6. If you still check a bag, pack some snacks. I know – cruises are known for the food, but we actually had a hard time finding something for lunch everyday and struggled a little at dinner.
7. Carry a sweater even if you are going somewhere tropical. The ship and dining room may be cold. We even had a couple of colder mornings in March where a sweater over a bathing suit would have been nice for the pool.
8. Pack shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and leave-in conditioner. All we had was a bar of soap (same as hand soap) and a two-for-one conditioner. There was no lotion at all either.
9. All for time to get on the boat when you arrive for your cruise. Federal law requires that everyone be on the boat for at least 90 minutes before setting sail. So your sail time may be different than the time you need to arrive. Also, it took us about an hour to go through customs off the boat before heading to the airport when we departed.
What tips do you have for cruising?
How would you stay healthy, fit and sleep great on a cruise?
I recently signed up to be a Chalene Johnson affliliate after finishing Smart Success, her time management and goal program, in 2013 and seeing my online business double in 3 months! Any * represents my affiliation to Chalene and Smart Success. All opinions are my own and completely honest.
Smart Success* is Chalene Johnon’s personal development program to help entrepreneurs and other professionals manage their time to “work smart” by outlining your priorities, goals, and daily routines. Smart Success* teaches you how to manage your time and make it work for you versus against you.
The online-based trainings include videos and worksheets to help you create the ultimate schedule, life, and game plan to get there. Chalene also provided a few calls for those going through the training and a 2-day seminar over it in California.
My mom and I bought Smart Success* in August of last year after quitting our full-time jobs teaching high school. We were making a good income through Beachbody coaching, but we were working really long hours. It was so hard to manage everything and the urge to respond to everything was so hard to resist. We love what we do, and we are so excited every day to wake up and work….but we also knew our family was our top priority. Plus, even though you could only buy it at certain times of the year, members have life-time access to the trainings and recordings of the live events. Click here to get your first free video from Smart Success*
But it’s really easy to SAY your family is your top priority, but sometimes the dream of having total financial freedom can cloud it. For my mom and me, we wanted to have the ability to be financially secure – to not worry about where our next paycheck was coming from, what we would do at Christmas, to be able to stay-at-home with (future) kids without feeling stressed or guilty. Then we found Beachbody coaching which allowed us that opportunity, and allowed us to do everything we loved with health and fitness. So we work really hard and are super passionate about it. Within a few months of coaching, we found other women with the same financial goals as us, and now we are so focused on making sure they have every opportunity to reach their goals – be at home with their kids, help their parents, take a vacation, get out of debt, etc.
Watching our coaches set goals and reach them, fueled our fire to work, but as our success grew so did our workload. Cue Smart Success by Chalene.*
Smart Success* is broken down into 8 video modules, and it also comes with bonuses including her live seminar and a couples training which is awesome for busy entrepreneurs and other professionals with a high-demand job.
You have access to all of the modules at once, but Chalene recommended doing 1 a week. We started doing one Smart Success module every Monday afternoon. Now we have set business hours, have a daily schedule, and have even taken a trip to the Caribbean where we had to completely UNPLUG from our business….talk about scary!!
Finally- we both feel like we have a game plan for our yearly goals, and we have the clarity and focus we really needed to grow our business. Instead of running through 10+ things that are “busy work” or something we could delegate, we focus on 2 or 3 things to grow our business.
Sounds simple right? As an entrepreneur you really have to have a plan to make it happen though. Smart Success is detailed enough (and even includes worksheets!) to help you focus and streamline your business, but it’s flexible enough to custom tailor the plan to you whether you are someone wanting a promotion or a business owner (local or online).
I would love to see someone that owns a small community business or Etsy store go through Smart Success*. I think it would make a HUGE difference in their business. Click here to get your first free video from Smart Success*
Our Smart Success Results
- Defined our priorities and where we needed to improve to make sure we honored the things most important to us
- Set crazy cool goals with deadlines to achieve for 2014
- Set up business hours 8-5 with an afternoon break and 3 days off (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday).
- Delegated work that was a constant energy drain for us so that we could focus on vital business tasks specific to us
- Created a duplicatable system for our coaches to use so that they can reach their goals and also help more people with the system.
- More than DOUBLED our income since implementing her plan
Want to know more about Smart Success?
I recapped our Beachbody Success Club cruise to the Caribbean earlier this week, and I even shared some research on what to pack for a cruise before leaving. I still learned a few things along the way though. Isn’t that how it always is? 9 Tips For a Cruise – How to Stay Healthy, Fit […]
I recently signed up to be a Chalene Johnson affliliate after finishing Smart Success, her time management and goal program, in 2013 and seeing my online business double in 3 months! Any * represents my affiliation to Chalene and Smart Success. All opinions are my own and completely honest. Smart Success* is Chalene Johnon’s personal […]
Anna from Glam Legacy Fit was sweet enough to share her tips on how to keep the mind and body strong, and I am so excited to share this guest post with ya’ll today! If you are anything like me, your take great pride in the healthy details of your life. From picking out the […]
Thank you so much to Gabi for her take on being healthy today! She is a fabulous blogger. – Kalee Hello to all the readers over at Sorey Fitness! My name is Gabi Walter, and I am the blogger over at my own site, www.gabriellekwalter.com. I blog about all sorts of topics from health and fitness to […]
- 9 Tips For a Cruise – How to Stay Healthy, Fit & Sleep Great
- Smart Success by Chalene Johnson Review – How We Tripled Our Business
- Mind and Body Strong – Guest Post By Anna Lavonne
- What Healthy Means to Me by Gabi Walter [Guest Post]
- Beachbody Success Club Trip 2014: Cruise to the Caribbean
- Benefits of Strength Training by Angelena Riggs, NASM CPT, FNS
- Compassionately Fresh: Cruelty Free Products to Help you Glow
- Green Monster Smoothie – Plus 2 Healthy Shamrock Shakes
- What to Pack For a Cruise? The Countdown is On!
- Venus Snap Razor for the Beach and My Purse!