I decided to do a 3 day cleanse this week before our engagement pictures on Thursday! I have to say though, I usually eat more detoxing than some people do that aren’t doing a cleanse.
My kind of cleanse focuses on getting in the proper nutrition for the day through foods that are easy on my digestion. I also focus on getting at least 1200 calories in which most cleanses do not reach.
1200 calories is the bare minimum your body needs on a daily basis, and if you drop below it, your body can eat its muscle which is not what I want.
I usually do 3 nutrient-dense shakes and a large salad for a 3 Day Cleanse, but I decided to add in few extras this time around.
What I am Consuming for My 3 Day Cleanse
- Rooibos Tea – Rooibos tea helps with digestion and helps fight infection in the body. I have been researching the Candida Diet (more on that later). A lot of the research on it is unproven, but the tea has been shown to have antioxidants. While nothing has been proven, it isn’t going to hurt to drink it for the possible benefits.
- Probiotics – Probiotics help your digestion which is something I struggle with most of the time. (Read Let’s Talk Poo – Probiotics and Prebiotics)
- Green Tea – Again nothing it scientifically proven about Green tea, but it has been shown in independent studies to help with weight loss and blood sugar.
- Alkaline – Alkaline is something found in leafy greens that help balance out the acidic foods in our bodies and restore balance. Alkaline can help with inflammation and pains associated with it. (Watch a video it’s benefits)
- Shakeology – I drink 3 shakes a day for 3 days. I have tried juices, but the pre-made juice have a lot of added sugar. If you make your own shakes or juices, it takes a lot of prep work. I also broke my Kitchen Aid blender when I made a smoothie from the Ultimate Body Reset. Shakeology has everything I need in it for the whole day, and it’s easy for my body to process. It also is all-natural and comes in vegan or whey sources which offers a variety.
I’ve done the Shakeology cleanse at least 4 times, and I have always felt so much better by the end of it. The first day of the cleanse, I am usually slightly hungry but not miserable. The second day is when I start getting a little grumpy, but now that I’ve done it a few times I know it’s worth fighting through. Plus, 3 days is short enough I can will-power myself through it.
A 3-Day Cleanse Outline
-Aim for at least 6 hours of sleep
-Drink 64 ounces of water or tea throughout the day
I wake up and have a large cup of Rooibos tea and alkaline.
Approximately 30 minutes later I have my first Shakeology.
3-4 hours later is lunch: Shakeology
Snack: Shakeology (I have it whenever I get hungry. It may be after lunch or after dinner).
3-4 hours later: Take my 2 Green Coffee pills,wait 30 minutes and have a large salad with chicken, vegetables and olive oil.
Before Bed: I take my probiotics
The 3 Day Cleanse can help with your digestion, energy, restoring your blood sugar, and weight loss. I also have noticed I sleep better because I am not eating things that are heavy on my stomach, and I’ve skipped caffeine and sugar.
Day 1 of 3 is complete. I feel good, but I am also blogging instead of stuffing my face with baklava left over from this weekend’s Greek Festival.
Have you ever done a cleanse? How was it?
I’ll be posting my progress and results on Facebook so if you haven’t like SoreyFitness there please click LIKE :)