This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions shared are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
Friday was my 25th birthday. Jake took me to The Loveless Cafe on Thursday to celebrate, and Friday was a relaxed day at home with a yummy dinner at StonyRiver with my parents and him.
By 25, you should know a few things. I think I realized about 90% of them at 24, but I feel so much better turning 25 than I thought I would because I now know and believe these 25 things.
By 25, You Should Know…
- Sometimes the best Friday night is spent in pajamas watching stuff on the DVR.
SomeMost things can be solved with a call to mom, and everything really does looks better in the morning.
- That real homes very rarely look like those on Pinterest, but it doesn’t stop you from hoping.
- Your gut usually knows where you need (and don’t need) to be.
- if the guy doesn’t pick you up, pay for dinner on the first date, or anything else that is super important to you — he’s not The Guy.
- That “deal breakers” are usually “deal breakers” for a reason.
- To never take a picture or video of anything compromising your integrity or pride. (I never had to learn this lesson the hard way though. Thank goodness.)
- It’s nice to have a little money in your bank account because something you own is always inevitability on its last leg.
- Nicolas Sparks’ movies always end badly.
- Mom was actually right about somethings.
- That music was actually better when you were in high school.
- You were right — Justin Timberlake was more than just a dude in a boy band.
- That it’s okay to drift apart from people that don’t treat you with as much love and respect as they should.
- That people will only treat you as well as you expect them to.
- It’s easier to be understood when you try to understand first.
- It’s really best not to call, Facebook, Snapchat, or text a guy after 2 a.m.
- That it’s true: if you have nothing to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Kindness and manners never go out of style.
- Your life won’t change until your habits and goals do.
- It’s better to be you, even if you’re a mess, than fake being anyone else.
- That decorating can be a lot of fun….if you were making more money.
- It’s perfectly okay to dodge the overly-nosey relative asking about your relationship status, marriage, or future children.
- Buying the next size up is better than having back fat or a muffin top.
- That sometimes it’s better to just wear the flats and save your feet the painful week of recovering from the cute heels. We all don’t have to be Carrie Bradshaw 24/7.
- By 25, you should know just how far you’ve come since 16, 18, and 21.
I am sure there are a few things I have missed, and I would love to know what you would add.
You may also like our
- 26 things to do at 26
- How to Host a Cheers & Beers to 25 Years Party
- 37 Ideas for an 18th Birthday Party
Fill in the blank:
By 25, you should know….
By 30, you should know….
If you enjoyed this post, please consider pinning it to Pinterest.