Do you ever worry about getting older? As a mother-daughter we felt like we could offer a unique take on aging in our 20s and 40s. Plus, we share our best tips to age gracefully.
Originally we talked about this topic as a video for our (now past) podcast. So you can listen or just scroll below for our best tips on aging!
7 Tips to Age Gracefully
Don’t just LABEL yourself as old or a mom.
A number or kid(s) don’t change you completely. You don’t have to be a label someone puts you into to. Be you!
Drink enough water!
You want to gradually up your water intake through the day to half your body weight in ounces. For example; 160 lbs would need 80 ounces of water a day.
Get you sleep!
It helps with fine lines, energy and allows the mind and body to rest. Need some help with sleep? Check out our sleeping tips & guide!
Eat whole foods versus refined sugary treats.
Our rule is everything in balance. 80% of our food is healthy, whole foods that aren’t found in a box. The other 20% can be whatever we please – even if it’s a cupcake, Doritos, or Little Debbie’s oatmeal pies.
Lift Weights & Watch High Impact Workouts.
Strength training builds lean muscle which decreases around the age of 30, and it revs your metabolism! Mix in strength workouts 3x a week along with cardio and yoga you enjoy. We love ChaLEAN Extreme, BoFlex Weights and Beachbody on Demand for yoga.
Since we naturally have a high heart rate, we wear a heart rate monitor.
We track our heart rate in our workouts to burn fat vs muscle.
Vital Proteins’ Collagen Peptides also work wonders!
Collagen helps your whole body look and feel younger. It helps with joints, hair, nails, and makes your skin brighter and plump! Our favorite is Vital Proteins.
Their collagen peptides are flavorless and can be mixed into anything (hot or cold).
We’re also in love with their Coconut Collagen Creamer. It’s perfect in your morning coffee, or we also love it with a pack of hot chocolate as a treat!
They also have a Sampler Box you can try to see if you’ll like it!