What Does the FitBit Zip do?
- It tracks your steps walked.
- It tells you your calories burned (estimated on your weight and activity).
- FitBit Forum is available to users. You can make friends, compete against people, and talk.
- The FitBit app allows you to track your food, water, and other workouts.
- It offers badges to keep you motivated to get your steps in.
How Easy Is the FitBit Zip to Set Up?
Pretty easy! Here are some of the screen shots I took. Once it’s set up on your computer, it syncs wirelessly. Pretty darn cool.
What was surprising?
I teach and am on my feet all day. After school, I do sit most of the time because I am working on the blog or my 30-day challenges. I figured I still was walking at least 10,000 steps. I have been above 5000 every day, but I have yet to reach 10,000 even going out of my way to walk!
The badges sounded stupid to me, but I think they are helping me walk now. It may be competing with other people too though. I like a challenge.
The Pros of the FitBit Zip
- It’s easy to carry around all day. I put it in my pocket, but you can also wear it on your bra. During my workout, I tried it, and it stayed on well.
- Its calorie count is accurate to low. I think it is pretty accurate, but I also researched it compared to other brands,
- It’s cute.
- It tracks your movement all day. So you could use the FitBit during the day and then a heart rate monitor if you wanted to get an even MORE accurate read of how many calories you are burning (but I don’t care that much hehe).
- The app and website allow you to track your workouts, food, and water.
- It syncs wirelessly when you are close to your computer with it.
The Cons of the FitBit Zip
- Tracks a little low on calories burned
- The online groups are hard to see. You can’t search for a keyword (that I’ve found). You just have to go through the 6000+ and find one.
- The workouts listed to apply to your calorie burned are limited and not exact.
- Make sure it doesn’t fall in the toilet in your pocket–a friend did this and it broke.
Do you have a FitBit? What do you think about it?
(You can order a FitBit through my site and get free shipping over $50.) I was not paid to try or post this blog post though.