Personal development has changed our lives drastically. When we first started in network marketing in 2011, we blew off personal development as a joke and a way to brainwash others.
We weren’t open to learning or improving even though we knew something was missing. We weren’t attracting the people we wanted to do attract, our team was weak, and we weren’t able to help them grow a successful business. It totally stunk!
In 2012, we committed to reading 5-10 minutes a day. By the end of the year, we saw major improvements in our mindset, team and paycheck! Just from 5-10 minutes of personal development!
The lesson? Don’t blow off personal development!!
It can help you no matter where you are struggling, but it is a good idea to choose a topic to focus on. We’ve put together 71 of the best personal development books based on 7 categories. Choose 1 of the categories and then 1 book – each is linked to Amazon for your convenience, and they are affiliate links just so you know.
Personal Development: 71 of The Best Books for Success
Not a reader? Check out Audible.com for quick, easy reads. We use it in the car, shower and even when we are putting on our makeup.
Understanding Network Marketing
1. Go Pro- Eric Worre
2. 45 Second Presentation- Don Failla
3. How to be a Network Marketing Superstar- Mary Christensen
4. How to be a Recruiting Superstar- Mary Christensen
5. How To Sell Network Marketing (without fear, anxiety or losing you friends!)- Michael Oliver
6. Beachmoney- Jordan Adler
7. Rock Your Network Marketing Business- Sarah Robbins
8. Your First Year in Network Marketing- Mark Yarnell
9. Building a Network Marketing Business- Scott Welle
10. Building Your Network Marketing Business- Jim Rohn
11. The Psychology of Selling- Brian Tracy
12. FlipFlop CEO
Daily Discipline/Time Management
13. The Slight Edge- Jeff Olson
14. The Compound Effect- Darren Hardy
15. Eat that Frog- Brian Tracy
16. No Excuses- Brian Tracy
17. The ONE Thing- Gary Keller
18. Go For No- Richard Fenton
19. The Power of Habit-Charles Duhigg
20. Change Anything- Kerry Patterson
21. Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard- Chip Heath
22. Self Discipline in 10 Days- Theodore Bryant
23. Power of Focus- Jack Canfield
24. Living Your Best Year Ever- Darren Hardy
25. Getting Things Done- David Allen
26. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People- Stephen R Covey
27. Make it Happen: Surrender Your Fear. Take the Leap. Live On Purpose. – Laura Casey
28. The Magic of Thinking Big- David Schwartz
29. The Charge- Brenden Buchard
30. Life’s Golden Ticket- Brenden Buchard
31. The Power of Intention- Wayne Dyer
32. Crush it- Gary Vaynerchuk
33. Outperform the Norm- Scott Welle
34. Maximum Confidence- Jack Canfield
35. Awaken The Giant Within- Tony Robbins
36. What is Your What- Steve Olsher
37. Failing Forward- John C. Maxwell
38. Playing Big- Tara Mohr
39. #Girlboss- Sophia Amoruso
40. Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters- Jon Acuff
41. Quitter: Closing the Gap Between your Day Job and your Dream Job- Jon Acuff
42. Wake Up Happy – Michael Strahan
43. Living an Exceptional Life- Jim Rohn
44. Daring Greatly- Brene Brown
*Note: If this is the first category you’re drawn to, ask yourself if you have confidence on talking to people or insecurities and fear. If you have some insecurities or fear, I would suggest the Mindset category first.
45. How to Win Friends & Influence People- Dale Carnegie
46. The Go Giver- Bob Berg
47. The Go Giver Sells More- Bob Berg
48. Developing the Leader Within- John C Maxwell
49. Developing the Leaders Around You- John C Maxwell
50. Personality Plus- Florence Littauer
51. Just Listen- Mark Goulston
52. The Fred Factor- Mark Sandborn
53. Everybody Communicates, Few Connect- John C Maxwell
54. Five Love Languages- Gary Chapman (More Marriage vs Client Relationship)
63. Tribes- Seth Godin
64. Entreleadership- Dave Ramsey
65. Think and Grow Rich- Napoleon Hill
66. Developing the Leader Within You – John C Maxwell
67. Born to Win- Zig Ziglar
68. The Success Principles- Jack Canfield
69. 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership- John Maxwell
70. People Follow You- Jeb Blount
71. Strengths Finder 2.0- Tom Rath
I can’t say it enough but personal development has been our secret to success.
“If your thoughts are stinking, your team is shrinking.” – John Addison
If you’re a business owner, you are the speed of your business. Your thoughts and beliefs get built into your brand and business in ways you don’t even notice. Protect your mind, value and behaviors with 5-10 minutes of personal development, and you’ll be amazed at how much you and your business grows in a year!
What personal development are you doing right now?
Do you prefer to read, watch or listen?