Whether you’re on a special diet or just looking for a lighter option, we’ve found the best healthy Thanksgiving recipes you and your family will love!
We love getting together with family and enjoying a meal together. With that said, we like to put the focus on feeling good with our family versus being stuffed and miserable!
Enter these healthy Thanksgiving recipes!
We chose to organize these healthy Thanksgiving recipes by the type of dish they are; however, we’ve included paleo, gluten-free and vegan Thanksgiving recipes in each section.
We love following a healthy balanced diet, too. (Grab our Healthy Eating Holiday Series here!)
So you’ll see some recipes that are just a tad lighter in sugar, fat, and calories without meeting a specific diet.
This post is apart of our Healthy Holiday Series!
Also, please know we are all about the balance. We plan on eating a little of everything, and if you saw us Thanksgiving – I think we’d impress you with our appetites.
The idea of lightening things up just gives you and us a little wiggle room.
These healthy Thanksgiving recipes don’t look or taste like a compromise.
Don’t believe me? I dare you to try one of these recipes.
Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes
Healthy Thanksgiving Stuffing & Gravy
- Above: Paleo Sausage, Apple, and Chestnut Stuffing
- Gluten-Free and Paleo Stuffing
- Low Carb Cauliflower Stuffing
Healthy Thanksgiving Casseroles
Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
This healthy take on Mashed Sweet Potatoes contains less sugar and is lighter than the traditional casserole with marshmallows!
- Above: Microwave Spaghetti Squash with Sage-Browned Butter and Toasted Walnuts
- Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake
- Above: Stuffed Butternut Squash with Quinoa
- Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
- Above: Roasted Pear Walnut and Kale Salad
- Collard Greens
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic
Healthy Thanksgiving Bread, Rolls & Gravy
- Gluten-Free Biscuits by Recreating Happiness (holy moly – these look amazing!)
- Easy Keto Cornbread
- Gluten-Free Cornbread
Check out our tips for avoiding weight gain during the holidays!
Healthy Thanksgiving Desserts
Another FUN (but non-keto) Thanksgiving Dessert is our fun take on Rachel’s English Trifle from Friends!
Plus if you’re like us, you probably munch on leftovers on that Friday and Saturday.
So while we can indulge one day, we don’t want to overdo it just because the leftovers are convenient over the next few days.
Also Check Out Our Best Sugar Free Desserts
More Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes
I also have a few friends who put together similar guides for healthy holiday recipes.
If you’re still looking for that perfect dish, check out their posts as well.
- Keto Thanksgiving Recipes
- 18 Holiday Comfort Foods Gone Healthy
- 21 Day Fix Approved Thanksgiving Recipes
- 60 Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
Check out our 5 Secrets to Happy & Healthy Holiday Eating!
Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Please keep in mind just because something is vegan, paleo, or gluten-free doesn’t necessarily mean it’s healthy.
Each recipe is designed for Thanksgiving – a chance to enjoy those rich Fall flavors.
So while we were mindful of food allergies and sensitivities, it’s best to always practice portion control.
Do you have leftovers?
I mentioned above that we tend to munch on those leftovers forever.
My friend Chrissy at Snacking in Sneakers put together a list of 8 Amazing Leftover Turkey Recipes!
You may also like
- Best Chili Recipe Ever – Perfect for Fall
- 2017 Fall Must Haves and Trends – Home, Fashion and More Under $30
- Healthy Holidays Series: Simple Ways to Eat Healthy and Stay Active
You may also enjoy our Healthy Holiday Series! Sign up for it below this post!
Our holiday series focuses on helping you have a healthy, happy and stress-free (or less stressful) holiday season.
We share our favorite recipes like this post, tips to feel your best, healthy gift guides and other fun family ideas.