This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions shared are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
We’ve set (and achieved) some big goals in the past 5 years. Looking back, I see moments of pure happiness and other moments of rip-your-own-hair-out-stress. Going into our next phase in our business, we both want to make sure our mindset is in the right place. We’ve been focusing on techniques and peace of mind quotes to keep us on track.
We hope that every tip and quote on peace of mind helps you in your daily life in a real way.
Why Should Peace of Mind be a Goal?
Personal growth guru, Brian Tracy, summed up the importance of having calm in your life saying, “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.”
If you have peace of mind, everything else will fall into place. If you don’t have it, you’re likely going to be unhappy even if you hit your other goals.
In a busy world, it can be hard to place importance on calm and peace though. So we’re sharing our favorite quotes & tips to achieve peace of mind in your daily life.
Peace of Mind Quotes
- For every minute you remain angry, you give up 60 seconds of peace of mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Peace of mind comes from not wanting to change others. – Gerald Jampolsky
- Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. —Dalai Lama
- Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
- Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace.
- Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. – Philippians 4:6-7
9 Ways to Achieve Peace of Mind in Your Daily Life
1. Do Your Best, Forget the Rest
Social media can really take its toll when we’re constantly seeing people in their best light.
It’s important for us to remember that media – including media that is put up by our family, friends, and those frenemies we may stalk from time to time – isn’t 100% truthful.
While acknowledging this, and also limiting our time on social media, can help – the best tip we have found is from The 4 Agreements.
Do Your Best.
If you do your best in everything you do, you have no reason to regret, worry, stress or compare yourself to others. This idea of giving your all and letting the rest go helps us to remember each of us is unique.
Whether you’re currently on top of the world in your career or just struggling to wash your hair each day – you’re exactly where you are suppose to be right now. Each of us has his or her own path, and each road block is set up for a reason. Just do your best, and let go of the rest.
Also check out our 27 Tricks to Finding Happiness
2. Be Generous
In Jim Rohn’s Art of Exceptional Living, he talks about living a lifestyle. It’s one of the best audiobooks out there.
The idea of living this exceptional lifestyle comes down to generosity and thoughtfulness. The best part? You can be generous even if you’re eating Ramen noodles for most of your meals.
When we’re generous, it changes how we view ourselves, and if you’re into the whole universe loving you when you love it — it can be good for that kind of stuff, too.
You see, you guide peace of mind in your daily life when you treat others well.
Examples of being generous may be:
- If 2 amounts pop into your head for a tip for someone, always choose the larger one.
- Give something away everyday whether it be a compliment, a gift, or your time.
- Treating your spouse to something small and special. Jim gave his wife a single rose to carry around on one of their day dates.
3. Reflect / Meditate
I purposefully left this technique for peace of mind a bit vague. The reason is because it really comes down to whatever helps you quiet your mind.
Some people love to meditate, while it freaks others out a bit.
If you’re not into the whole meditation thing, you can get some of the same benefits by journaling or praying.
The idea is just to take 10-15 minutes each day to turn inward and let yourself just be without judgement or force.
4. Forgive Others
One of the fastest ways to lose your peace of mind is to react in anger or fear.
Holding onto a grudge is something that only punishes yourself. It’s time to let that stuff GO.
It’s not punishing the person you’re mad at, it’s only hurting your own mindset. If you can’t let it go on your own, visiting a therapist even just a few times can help.
5. Get Moving
Music, nature, stretching and exercise are all linked to feel-good hormones in the body. Just taking 5 minutes in between tasks can help you feel more at peace and happier.
6. Choose Your Environment
Your environment could possibly be the biggest effect on your peace of mind.
- your physical surroundings
- the people you’re around
- the music or sounds you hear
- the type of media you consume
Tips to create more peace of mind in your environment would be:
- keep the areas you work in clean and uncluttered
- surround yourself with positive people
- limit time with negative-thinking people
- create a list of positive music & affirmations to use daily
- limit your time watching the news and on social media
- read books that support your personal growth
7. Set Limits
It’s okay to say no. We’ve talked about this over and over again, but it’s a key to letting yourself experience peace of mind in your daily life.
If you constantly find yourself overwhelmed or overbooked, consider saying “Thank you for thinking of me. Let me check my calendar and get back with you.” before saying yes.
This gives you the chance to think about whether the opportunity is serving you or not.
Also, we encourage setting limits and turning off phone notifications after dinner time.
Feeling Stressed? Check out 9 Ways to Stop Worrying Right Now
8. Have Faith
Faith has been linked to everything from having a better mindset to an improved immune system.
We are both Christians, and we make it a goal to read a Bible study and pray every day. We can’t say we’re 100% at it, but the peace of mind we receive from our faith is beyond anything else.
If you’re unsure or have a bad taste for religion, consider seeking out someone you trust and asking questions.
9. Love Yourself
The last and final tip is to love yourself. Cheesy as it may be.
Self care is essential for your peace of mind. After all, you’re the one person you can’t get away from.
No matter where you are, there you are.
Need some help in this area?
Still struggling to find that balance? We love these 17 tips to quieting your mind by our friend, Kelly!