This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions shared are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
I’m guilty of wanting to find that special balance between my mind, body, and soul and coming up short. It’s also something I’ve seen our clients struggle with as well. There are a few simple tips to creating a healthy mind, body, and soul connection though.
Most of us start our day to a startling alarm to wake up. From there, we’re bombarded with emails, questions and obligations. We’ve never lived in a such a connected, busy and noisy world. It’s fair to admit that finding this balance won’t be easy. Just acknowledging the effort that it will take helps relieve my stress. It’s not impossible to find that balance of health and inner peace; it just is going to take mindful action.
And we can all take a little action, right?!
The 1st action: slow down.
The 2nd action: re-think your priorities.
In our fast-paced lifestyles, it’s easy to get wrapped up and stress about things that “must” get done. If you’re not careful, a work deadline, workout, or tracking calories can become an all-consuming battle. Luckily, the world has been turning day after day for centuries….so whatever you don’t get done today, the world will in fact keep spinning.
By realizing this obvious, but often overlooked, fact – we can realign our mind to what is most important in our lives – like our faith, health, family and friends.
No one part – mind, body or spirit – should rank higher than the other in my opinion. That is when we get our mind and body out of balance.
Is there really a connection between the mind and body?
Yes! Studies have linked an optimistic attitude and laughter to everything from feeling connected and happier to helping your overall heart health (Source). On the other hand, if you’re pessimistic, worry often, or have high levels of stress in your life, you’re more likely to have health issues.
The Mayo Clinic found that stress alone (forget the bad attitude) can lead to:
- Muscle tension or pain
- Chest pain
- Stomach upset
- Sleep problems
So yes, there is a mind and body connection for sure. So now we’ll look at a few self-care things you can do for your mind, body, and spirit.
The best part?
You can pick and choose what tips give your mind, body and spirit a pick me up! This isn’t a new list of things to add to your plate.
15 Tips to Balance Your Mind, Body, and Soul
1. Change Your Morning Routine – Instead of startling awake, groaning out of bed, and stressing to get out the door, change your routine to include something positive. We love the Miracle Morning for creating a quick, empowering routine!
2. Get Enough Sleep – Adults need 7 to 9 hours a night! So if you’re feeling low-energy, moody or blue – it could be that you just need to adjust your sleep pattern or get in a nap!
3. Pray – Prayer or meditation can help you recharge and refocus in just a matter of minutes. We personally love Beth Moore’s devotionals.
5. Let It Go – Letting go past hurts, failures, and comparisons can give you an immediate sense of relief. Praying to forgive someone also helps let it go!
6. Give up Multi-tasking – Studies show multi-tasking isn’t more productive and doesn’t lead to more happiness. Stay focused on 1 task at a time for a sense of accomplishment.
7. Remember to Breathe – We often forget to take a deep breath when we really need it. Try this breathing technique: Inhale 5 Seconds, Hold 20 Seconds, Exhale 10 Seconds.
8. Spend Time with Loved Ones – Making time to be present and have fun with loved ones can lead to better connections and happiness.
9. Eat Well – Focusing on healthy foods 80% of the time will help you look and feel your best. Find out what we eat the other 20% of the time here.
10. Find a Workout You Enjoy – Whether it’s yoga, kickboxing, strength training, bootcamp classes or just a walk around the block – just find something you like! Staying active releases endorphins!
11. Focus on Gratitude – If you’re dreading something and can’t change it, focus on the benefits and blessings in your life.
12. Unplug – It’s okay to not be connected to your phone 24/7. Having a special basket or place for it after a certain hour can help break the habit of checking it often.
13. Try Something New or See Something New – Trying or going somewhere new adds to our overall lifestyle and happiness.
14. Clean Up – I’m not a huge fan of Marie Kondo’s tidying up methods, but it helps your energy to have a clean space. A clean environment can help clear your mind. This goes for your home, desk, computer and car.
15. Do Something You Truly Enjoy Each Week – Practicing a day of rest is something vital to your mind, body, and soul. This day could include something you enjoy like journaling, drawing, or another hobby.
Finding your healthy mind, body and soul balance should be enjoyable.
Your mind, body, and soul will be most balanced when you’re able to remove perfection and “have-to’s” from your mindset. My hope is that these 15 activities will give you inspiration to create your own self-care routine that is specific to your needs.
I also hope that you will be willing to accept yourself enough to take care of yourself.
You are Psalm 139:14 says, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
God wonderfully made you already. He didn’t say you’d be wonderfully made after you lose some weight or get that raise; He’s already done it! Seek Him, and He will guide you!