This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions shared are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
While we want to look and feel our best, we sure do love a glass of wine here or there! We put together a list of our favorite low calorie cocktails you’ll love. We also found a low carb Pinot Grigio you’ll flip for!
That means no awesome Cougar Town* wine glasses, unfortunately. But seriously – forget the calories, I would not be able to walk after 1 of these.
Sometimes it’s hard to portion out one serving of wine though since wine glasses’ size may vary.
As a general rule, each ounce of wine is approximately 25 calories.
4 Low-Calorie Cocktails You Will Love
Diet Coke & Vanilla Rum
This is absolutely my favorite!
- 1-ounce Rum (65 calories)
- 6-8oz Diet Coke (0 calories)
One Diet Coke & vanilla rum has about 65 calories (or regular rum & diet coke is 65 calories). – Livestrong
SoCo & Lime
- 1-ounce Whiskey (64 calories)
- 3 ounces Rose’s Lime Juice (10 calories)
JOY FIT-TINI by Joy Bauer
- 1.5 ounces gin or vodka
- 3 ounces ruby red or pink grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- Lime wedge
- Pour the gin, grapefruit juice, and club soda in a glass over ice and stir. Squeeze the lime wedge into the drink.
A little more on the alcohol content in low-calorie cocktails
A number of calories relate to the alcohol proof! The higher the proof, the higher the calories. Here’s a list from WebMd.
- 80-proof vodka (40% alcohol; the most common type) has 64 calories per 1oz
- 86-proof vodka (43% alcohol) has 70 calories/1 oz
- 90-proof vodka (45% alcohol) has 73 calories/1 oz
- 100-proof vodka (50% alcohol) has 82 calories/1 oz
One more tip to making low-calorie cocktails
If you are at home or able to make your own drink, use light or low-calorie mixer.
For example, I use Trop 50 instead of full orange juice. You could also choose lemon juice or light lemonade for a sour kick. Also, Baja Bob’s sugar-free margarita* or martini mixes* has ZERO calories!
Our Favorite Low Calorie Wine
If you aren’t a cocktail drinker, but you don’t want the added calories of wine check out our FitVine Wine review.
Out of them all, we loved the Pinot Grigio! The Holiday Red is another favorite.
You can probably skip the Chardonnay and Pinot Noir if you’re asking us.