This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions shared are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
If you’re following a ketogenic diet, it can be tough to find options at fast-food restaurants! The good news? We’ve found keto friendly Wendy’s menu items!
Pulling in the drive through at your favorite fast food restaurant may be a quick way to grab meal. But if you’re watching your carbs, finding a good breakfast or lunch menu option in the drive-thru might be easier said than done.
Luckily, there are a few great Wendy’s keto options to choose from – even if you’re cutting the carbs out of your diet. Try placing these breakfast or lunch orders the next time you head to Wendy’s.
How to Order Keto at Wendy’s
Like most restaurants, ordering keto at Wendy’s takes a little bit of practice. That’s because you often have to make some adjustments to each traditional menu item to reduce their carb count.
Lucky for you, there are a few simple steps you can take to make ordering a keto-friendly meal from Wendy’s a little bit easier.
Tips For Ordering Keto at Wendy’s
Use the mobile app.
Before you head to the drive-thru, make sure to download the Wendy’s mobile app. You can create your meal in the app and see the macros on the spot.
With the help of the app, you can see the carb count, grams of protein, fiber, and fat content of each item in your meal, allowing you to easily adjust what you order to fit your diet.
Ask for no bun.
Since all the sandwiches on the Wendy’s menu come with a bun, one of the easiest ways to reduce the carb count of your meal is to remove the bun. Simply ask for the beef patties or chicken breast to be placed in a salad container or ask for a lettuce wrap to make eating your sandwich a little easier.
Skip the sides.
Another easy way to cut back on the carbs and make your Wendy’s meal keto is to skip the french fries and breakfast potatoes with your meal.
Since the only side options at Wendy’s are fries, baked potatoes, and chili, there aren’t any low-carb options to choose from on the side menu at this fast-food restaurant. You could also choose a salad, but they don’t offer a side salad anymore.
Get the sauce on the side.
Some Wendy’s sandwiches come with sugar-filled toppings, like ketchup, BBQ sauce, and salad dressings. To help reduce the carbs in your meal, always ask for the sauces on the side. Or simply request low carb toppings, like mustard, sour cream, or mayo.
Don’t forget the drink.
After going to all this trouble to order your meal keto, you don’t want to add extra calories to your meal with your drink!
While most of the beverage options at Wendy’s are filled with sugar and calories, there are a few drinks that are sugar-free.
Skip the sugar-filled soft drinks when you place or order and opt for low carb drink options like unsweetened iced tea or diet soda.
Keto Breakfast at Wendy’s
Finding a low carb breakfast menu option at Wendy’s is easy! Just ask for your breakfast sandwich to be made with no bun, biscuit or croissant.
Try these Wendy’s menu options for breakfast:
- Sausage, egg and Swiss (no croissant)
- Bacon, egg, and Swiss (no croissant)
- Sausage, egg, and cheese (no biscuit)
- Bacon, egg, and cheese (no biscuit)
- Breakfast Baconator (no bun)
- Classic sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich (no bun)
- Classic bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich (no bun)
- Sausage biscuit (no biscuit)
Keto Friendly Lunch and Dinner at Wendy’s
If you’re looking for menu ideas for lunch and dinner at Wendy’s while you’re on keto, you’re in luck!
Bunless burgers or chicken sandwiches are both great options for keto dieters. Just make sure to order your sandwiches without the bun or with a lettuce wrap when you’re placing your order.
Keto-Friendly Meal Options at Wendy’s
- Dave’s single (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Dave’s double (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Dave’s triple (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Wendy’s Baconator (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Son of Baconator (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Big bacon classic (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Big bacon classic double (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Big bacon classic triple (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Bacon double stack (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Jr. bacon cheeseburger (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Jr. cheeseburger deluxe (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Jr. cheeseburger (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Jr. hamburger (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Double stack (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Grilled jalapeño popper chicken (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Grilled chicken sandwich (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Grilled asiago ranch chicken club (no bun or with a lettuce wrap)
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Avocado Veggie Salad
Keto Drinks at Wendy’s
While a Frosty isn’t on the menu while you’re on keto, there are several drinks to choose from that are low carb at Wendy’s.
Your best bet is water, but you can always enjoy a low carb drink as well.
Try these low carb beverages with your meal:
- Cold brew iced coffee (no milk or sugar)
- Fresh brewed coffee (no milk or sugar)
- Fresh brewed decaffeinated coffee (no milk or sugar)
- Coca-Cola Zero Sugar
- Diet Coke
- Minute Made Light Lemonade
- Unsweetened Iced tea
We hope you love these keto-friendly burger meals and examples of low carb options!
You may also like our other guides to fast food chains: