We outline the best keto snacks that will crush cravings and leave you feeling satisfied! These keto friendly snacks are also great high-quality, on-the-go options! You’ll find our favorite recipes, as well as, store-bought products below!
When it was possible, we linked to our favorite Keto Snacks on Amazon.
Easy Keto Snack Recipes
Savory Keto Snacks
Sweet Keto Snacks
- Above: Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (5 Minute Prep)
- Strawberry Coconut Fat Bombs (10 Minute Prep)
- Keto Peanut Butter Balls (10 Minute Prep)
- No Bake Energy Bites with Dates and Nuts (5 Minute Prep)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cups (10 Minute Prep)
- Chocolate Fat Bombs (10 Minute Prep)
We realize you may not have time to cook or bake something though. So we wanted to also share our favorite keto snacks you can find at your local grocery store!
29 Best Keto Snacks
Sweet Keto Diet Snacks
- Sugar-free Jello
- Dark chocolate, Cocoa Nibs, or Stevia sweetened chocolate
- Iced coffee with MCT oil or heavy cream
- Sugar-free popsicles
- Coconut Butter Cups
- Justin’s Nut Butter – Grab & go with only 2 ingredients! 7g Protein, 3g Fiber, 0g Trans Fat, 1g Sugar
Salty Keto Diet Snacks
Savory Ketogenic Snacks
- Full-fat string cheese – Most string cheese brands should contain 0 carbs.
- Laughing Cow cheese (Full Fat) – This brand offers some variety compared to string cheeses and are still 0 carbs.
- Pepperoni slices paired with cheese
- Coconut Chips
Just Keep Me Full Snacks
- Hardboiled Eggs – Local groceries have started carrying Eggland’s Best hardboiled eggs – just grab and go!
- Beef jerky – Check the ingredients and sugars before grabbing. The best choice is usually the original.
- StarKist Tuna Pouches – High in protein ad no can opener required. Add in a mayo or cheese for more fat.
Keto Friendly Snack Bars
- Epic Bars – Watch your carbs based on the variety. The chicken sriracha & pulled pork are great choices!
- Quest Bars
- Nugo Smarte Carb Bars
An Acquired Taste
- Pork rinds
- Pickles (high sodium)
Hack:: Skip low-carb options unless you’re sure of the ingredients.
Some of them can spike blood sugar and contain a ton of protein. For these 2 reasons, low-carb choices aren’t always the best keto friendly snacks.
Looking to simplify your meal prep?
Check out Kettlebell Kitchen! They offer keto-friendly breakfast, lunch, and dinners!
Want more tips? Grab our Keto Quick Start Guide for Beginners!
Our Other Favorite Keto Recipes
If you have a little more time, we know you’d love these fat bomb smoothies!
We also make a killer keto pizza crust recipe that you’re bound to love!
FAQs on What to Eat
Is it really OK to eat cream cheese?
Yes, cream cheese is made from pasteurized milk and is a popular choice on this diet.
Is peanut butter good for keto?
Yes, you can enjoy peanut butter because it’s high in protein and healthy fats. We suggest using a 100% natural butter without added salt, sugar or oil. We also like almond butter.
Is popcorn allowed on keto?
Nope. Since popcorn is a grain, you shouldn’t have it. It’s also high in carbs. Hopefully some of the snack ideas above will you help you replace the craving.
Can you have ice cream?
You can have some ice creams though it may be difficult to find one that works.
You can also make your own using heavy whipping cream and dark cocoa. If you’re buying ice cream out, make sure to check the amount of carbs in each serving.
Can you have bananas, apples or other fruit on a ketogenic diet?
No, you will need to give up most of your fruit on this particular diet. Fruits are typically high in carbs. The only fruits you may have in moderation is berries.
You may also like:
- Healthy Keto Pizza Crust Recipe
- Best Keto Snacks
- 20 Best Keto Veggies List & Which Vegetables to Avoid on the Keto Diet!
- 31+ Amazing Keto Friendly Desserts You’re Going to Love
- Yummy Keto Fat Bombs