You may be asking yourself, “Is Beachbody On Demand worth it?” If you’re new to streaming your workouts, our Beachbody on Demand review details how the app works, the cost, and which workouts are most effective! (Updated September 30, 2020)
What is Beachbody on Demand?
Beachbody on Demand is like the Netflix of home workouts! You can stream over 900 workouts, find meal plans, and get support through the BOD app or on the website. You can also stream from your phone, laptop, or even to their TV with a streaming device!
With the streaming service, you can literally stream anywhere! You can also even download 5 workouts at a time.
Who will love Beachbody on Demand?
- Men & women looking for a challenging, effective workout at home
- Busy people looking for a convenient way to exercise
- Beginner to advanced exercisers.
- Someone who loves variety in their workouts (900+ workouts to pick from!)
If you’re new to working out or have a pre-existing condition, it’s always best to check with your doctor before starting a new workout or nutrition program.
What Workouts are on Beachbody on Demand?
We’re constantly updating this part of our Beachbody on Demand review because they’re always adding new workouts to pick from! There are currently around a dozen Beachbody trainers, and each one has a couple of programs to pick from!
We personally love Barre Blend, LIIFT4 and yoga, but the cool thing about streaming is you have options!
These are the workout programs currently offered:
- 10 Rounds
- Barre Blend
- 6 Weeks of the Work
- Morning Meltdown 100
- 21 Day Fix
- 21 Day Fix Extreme
- Transform 20
- 80 Day Obsession
- Shift Shop
- Core de Force
- 3 Week Yoga Retreat
- P90, P90X, P90X2, and P90X3
- Body Beast
- Insanity, Insanity Max 30, and The Asylum
- Hammer & Chisel
- 22 Minute Hardcorps
- Rockin’ Body
- Hip Hop Abs
- Country Heat
- Clean Week
- 10 Minute Trainer
- ChaLEAN Extreme
- Pre & Post Natal Barre
- Beachbody Hybrid Calendars
- and so many more!
You can also add-on early access to brand new programs like Control Freak, 30 Day Breakaway, and #mbf. Along with the workouts, you also get access to Autumn Calabrese’s cooking show, FIXATE, and the meditation program, Unstress.
What equipment is required?
Many of the workouts require no equipment. With that said, I like to have adjustable dumbbells for several of the programs. Mom and I both own a set of Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells. You may also need a step, bands, or yoga mat for some of the workout programs. There are plenty to do without any equipment though!
How long are the workouts?
It’ll depend on which program you pick. They range from 10 minutes all the way to 70 minutes. Most workouts are about 30-45 minutes.
Can you and your family share an account? Can you do multiple workouts a day?
Yes, you can share an account with your immediate family, and you can stream unlimited workouts each day!
Are these at home workouts effective?
Totally! You can check out some of the amazing Beachbody results people have gotten over the past 20 years here!
Is there a modifier?
Most of the workouts do have a modifier, but not all of them do. The good news is that there are plenty of beginner classes to choose from if you need to start out slow!
Beachbody on Demand Review FAQS
We put together a few extra posts to help you with any additional questions you may have before signing up!
Just click the link to view more on the topic!
- How Much Does Beachbody on Demand Cost [Plus Get a Free Trial]
- Can You Download Beachbody on Demand Workouts?
- How do I get it on my TV? What Devices Support Beachbody on Demand?
- How many people can stream on one Beachbody account?
Where is Beachbody on Demand Available?
Beachbody On Demand is currently available in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom only.
What if I live in Canada?
Do they have still DVDs?
You can still purchase some of the older Beachbody workouts on DVD, but most of the new ones are only available to stream. The reason is that most of these new programs are “filmed live” which means they have 30+ workouts in them whereas in the “olden days” you’d get 7 workouts to repeat over and over on DVD. Streaming may take some time to learn, but it’s so worth it for the flexibility and variety!
Is Beachbody on Demand easy to cancel?
Yes, you may cancel anytime by calling 1 (800) 470-7870. The actual cancellation process is pretty easy and doesn’t take too long. I recommend calling before you’re billed if possible to expedite the experience, but you can truly cancel at any time.
Beachbody on Demand Review – Pros & Cons
What We Love
- Variety of workouts
- Printable calendars & program materials
- Ability to download 5 workouts at a time (on top of unlimited streaming)
- Support from our coach & clients
- Ability to try new workouts without having to buy them individually
- The instruction by the trainers is really great
- It’s super easy to use either online, on your phone, or with the app on a streaming device
- Cheaper than a gym or a Daily Burn membership
- Easy access to over $7,000+ worth of workouts
- No shipping costs
- You can start immediately without waiting to receive videos in the mail
- It’s mobile friendly so it’s easy to view on any device
- No crazy long “warning” or ads before a workout
- Sample workouts of new programs!
- Access to BOD-only programs like the 3 Week Yoga Retreat, Beachbody Yoga Studio, Shaun Week and more!
What We Don’t Love
- You have to buy early access to new programs or wait 3-6 months to have them added to the library.
- We struggled to get our Amazon Fire Stick to work well with the BOD App. Our Roku’s and Apple TV work great though!
- There is a SMALL learning curve if you’re not used to streaming. (If you can do Netflix, you can do BOD though!)
- You’re basically renting the workouts versus owning them as a DVD.
8 Tips to Get Max Results
We wanted to leave your with a few tips to get started!
1. Find a coach you connect with because they can help with any questions and support you through your goals.
2. Pick out a workout plan the week before you want to start. This gives you time to look over the materials.
3. Start with a friend or one of our 21 Day Challenges for added accountability and motivation!
4. Make sure you have about 6ft to workout in your area before starting.
5. Always make sure your workout space is clean and dry when you’re exercising.
7. Choose a calendar to follow to help you stay accountable and try out new workouts.
8. Start with a realistic number of workouts per week and maybe some of the shorter classes first.
Should you try Beachbody’s supplements?
We love Chocolate Shakeology because it’s a quick, easy, and yummy meal. It’s also packed with super foods, protein, and fiber so it keeps us full. If you’re bad about meal prepping, Shakeology could be a great choice. You can get a discount for bundling Shakeology & BOD Together too! Shop here!
The other supplements we really like are Energize & Recover. These are your pre- and post- workout supplements, and you really only need them if you’re lifting weights and/or doing an advanced workout You can learn more about Energize or Recover here. You can get Energize, Recover, and Beachbody on Demand Bundled Too!
Can’t decide if streaming is right for you?
You can always try it for free for 14 days, and then if you’re not 100% on board it, cancel it for free!
(If you select the 3-month option, you get a free 14 day trial!)
If you enjoyed our Beachbody on Demand review, you may also like: