This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions shared are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
Why did Beachbody change their name?
Beachbody CEO, Carl Daikeler, announced that Beachbody would be changing its name to “BODi” at a Leadership Retreat in Scottsdale. The Beachbody name change reflects the company’s moves towards inclusivity and body positivity. The branding is for BODi to be for every BODY.
The name, BODi, is also short for Beachbody on Demand Interactive or BOD Interactive.
With the Beachbody and BODi merge, there are Beachbody on Demand changes coming.
BODi vs Beachbody on Demand
The main difference between Beachbody on Demand vs BODi is that BODi offers live classes, on-demand classes, indoor cycling options, whereas, BOD offers already-filmed, comprehensive workout programs.
BODi will also have 4 new BODi Blocks every month starting in March 2023. This is radically new approach that focuses on new workouts, 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, with an active recovery week at the end of month.
BODi’s content is also growing to offer mindset resources, nutrition plans, recipes and more. The new platform also offers popular music in about every music genre — something that has been missing from their programs the past few years.
The sliver of good news is —
Since BOD and BODi are merging, you’ll be able to access everything that is on Beachbody on Demand with a BODi membership! Plus, you’ll also get access to a ton of new great content and live workouts.
But here’s the bad news…
Is Beachbody on Demand going away?
Starting 2023, Beachbody on Demand (BOD) as we know it will end, and you’ll only be able to get a monthly, quarterly, or annual membership to BODi.
When is Beachbody on Demand going away?
If you were able to create or renew your original, annual BOD membership before January 26, 2023, you’re set for the year, but if not — starting March 2nd, you’ll only be able to do get a BODi membership.
If you currently have BOD, you will keep access to it until your renewal date. About a month before your BOD would renew, BODi (formerly Beachbody) will email you about the changes to Beachbody and ask if you want to renew with the new BODi membership or cancel.
If you already have Beachbody on Demand and want to upgrade to BODi early, you can!
You can go upgrade to BODi by going to the Memberships & Subscriptions section of your account.
Beachbody Price Increase 2023
Beachbody on Demand will become Beachbody on Demand Interactive (BODi) in 2023, and this means if you want to continue streaming — either the older programs or the new BODi blocks, you’ll need a new BODi membership.
Since new platform will be putting out new workouts daily there will be a price increase to the membership.
Grab $20 Off BODi Essentials Collection with code KALEETSP20
BODi Membership Pricing
New Members: You can purchase a Total Solution Pack with BODi now! This is the best deal, and right now you can get it for $199 with code KALEETSP20.
Do BODi Coaches get a discount?
Coaches get a discount on a ton of products, but they do not get a discount on BODi.
Does BODi have a 30 day money back guarantee?
Can you cancel BODi at any time?
Yes, you can cancel BODi anytime by going to Cancel Future Billings under your account.
Beachbody to BODi Review – Pros & Cons
- We are excited for the live classes and consistent plan for each month.
- While we love new program launches, they can get very overwhelming with different release dates and unlock-offers.
- The BODi blocks offer both coaches and clients the ability to experience something new each month, and they also can see what is coming in months ahead!
- While one block has to be unlocked, members do get access to dozens of new workouts each month with this new set-up!
- Megan’s Sure Thing may be the last full-program designed for a while though.
- We will really miss the comprehensive approach of a full Beachbody program.
- With that said — there is evidence that doing a progressive set (increasing the weight or reps but doing the same moves in the same order) can be very beneficial to your endurance and strength.
- We also all have our favorite trainers — so we aren’t sure about working out with just anyone in the BODi Blocks. But we’re willing to give it a try.
- Based on when the company pivoted from DVDs to streaming, members should expect a lot of fun but also a few hiccups.
We know these changes happening at Beachbody can be confusing. Just the ordering process can feel daunting — we get it.
Options are nice, but can I just click “Buy” already?!
That’s where a free Beachbody Coach comes in! Not only can we help with continual support in a BODgroup or on Facebook, we can also provide a direct link for you to buy the perfect option for your fitness goals and budget.
My mom and I have coached for over a decade, and we are here to help you every step of the way.
So if you’re not working with a coach, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below (or click here to have the form open in a new tab) to get started!