What is Openfit?
Openfit is an streaming service that offers over 160 at home workouts and meal plans. You can stream their workouts from your phone, computer, or a streaming device like a Roku or Firestick.
How does Openfit work?
Once you sign up for a monthly, quarterly, or annual membership, you have access to both live group fitness classes, as well as, several workouts programs like Xtend Blend and XB Pilates.
You have access to everything as long as you have your membership.
Openfit Review – Pros & Cons
We’ve been working out at home since the 90s! (Crazy, right?)
Here’s a quick breakdown of what we liked and didn’t like about Openfit.
- They offer a free trial to see how you like it.
- Easy to stream workouts from our phone, computer, or TV.
- Xtend Barre was a fun workout.
- They offer a pretty good variety of workouts.
- You can cancel your subscription online! (You don’t have to call anyone!)
- Unlike Beachbody on Demand, they only have a few programs to pick to do.
- For the price, Beachbody on Demand and LES MILLS on Demand offer more workouts.
- Your membership auto-renews if you don’t cancel it.
- If you have an issue, they don’t have a contact phone number for customer service.
- The attention to form and technique of certain moves isn’t as good as other platforms we’ve used.
- Openfit is only available for US residents right now.
Is Openfit free?
No, Openfit is a membership service, but you can try it free for 14 days!
How much does Openfit Cost?
Openfit costs $96 for an annual membership, or you can choose a shorter subscription for a little more money. It’s $10 a month for 6 months or $13 a month every 3 months.
Any membership option gives you access to all of their workouts.
How Can Openfit Help You?
Any at home workout or nutrition service can help you get healthier if you use it.
The Openfit app allows you to easily stream workouts to your mobile device, computer, or TV which can make working out more convenient than driving to a gym.
We also love that the workouts are around 30 minutes long and don’t require a ton of equipment — which is reasonable for most people.
What workouts does Openfit offer?
Right now, Openfit offers 6 workout programs, as well as, a couple nutrition programs.
The 6 workouts offered are:
- Xtend Barre: 30 unique workouts that mix cardio, pilates, and ballet together in under 30 minutes.
- XB Pilates: This is their newest workout and includes 14 workouts focused on pilates
- Rough Around The Edges: 17 unique workouts that are martial arts and kickboxing based & are around 30-45 minutes.
- Tough Mudder T-Minus 30: 27 30-minute workouts to help you improve your overall fitness and prepare you for an obstacle course race or a 5k.
- Yoga52: 52 Weekly yoga routines led by certified yoga instructors and range from 30-45 minutes.
- 600 Secs: 42 unique 10-minute high intensity workouts
What Type Of Recipes & Nutrition Plans Does Openfit Offer?
Along with the at home workouts, the company also includes nutritional plans and recipes.
Members get access to:
- Meal planning and meal prep hacks
- Food suggestions
- Gluten-free, keto, and vegan recipes
Who created Openfit?
Beachbody’s co-founder Jon Congdon and Evite co-founder Selina Tobaccowala created this streaming service in 2018.
Is Openfit owned by Beachbody?
Yes! Openfit is owned by Beachbody, but it’s designed to be a lower-price point product.
With that said, Beachbody on Demand currently offers over 1100 workouts versus Openfit’s 160 workouts, and they’re both around $99 a year!
Is Openfit a MLM?
No, Openfit isn’t a multi-level marketing company.
Which is better – Openfit or Beachbody?
Right now, Beachbody on Demand is a way better value than Openfit. Beachbody on Demand has 10X the amount of workouts than the other streaming service, as well as, additional features like the ability to track your calorie burn in the app and a support system of coaches.
We also found the quality of Beachbody to be better; which in all honesty makes sense since Openfit is suppose to be the “lower-price option” anyways.
You can see our full comparison of the two here.
Are you ready to workout?
You can always try Openfit free for 14 days with a free trial! It’s also super easy to cancel online.
Out of the streaming services we’ve tried though — we’d rank them:
How do I stream Openfit on my TV?
Yes, you can use Openfit to your TV by downloading the app and streaming it through a device Roku, AppleTV, or the web.
You can also mirror them from your mobile device to your television
How do I get Started with Openfit?
To get started, you’ll sign up for the free Openfit trial here. It will ask for your payment information, but this is only charged on day 15 if you don’t cancel the free trial.
Then, you’ll see an online quiz to help you find the best workouts and meal plans for your goal.
You will also want to download the app to your phone or streaming device.
Is Openfit Worth It?
As of right now, Openfit is an affordable and convenient alternative to going to an expensive gym. With that said, we prefer Beachbody’s streaming service or LES MILLS on Demand.
You can always try out the workouts using the 14-day free trial though! You could technically get 2 months free between this trial, Beachbody’s and LES MILLS’.
You may also like: