We started drinking Shakeology about 4 years ago. I would carry it to class in college for breakfast. Then after graduation, it was a key staple at lunch while I taught. While it’s a powerful health shake, my mom and I really had to find the best Shakeology recipes to enjoy all of the flavors.
Our favorite is Chocolate Shakeology, but we also have found that a variety is nice after 1460+ days of drinking it. The vegan Shakeology is a little different in its consistency because it’s made with pea protein, but it’s not something to avoid by any means.
Chocolate Shakeology Recipes (Vegan or Original)
- Peanut Butter Cup: 1 cup water, 1Tbsp of natural peanut butter, 1/2 cup ice
- Mint Chocolate Chip: 1 cup water, 1Tbsp of pure mint extract
- Mocha Chiller: 1 cup of cold brewed coffee
- Almond Joy: 1 unsweetened coconut milk cup
- Frozen Chocolate Banana: 1 cup water, 1 frozen banana
- Nutty Chocolate Banana: 1 cup water, 1 medium fresh or frozen banana, 1Tbsp. peanut butter
- Choco Cherry: ½ cup black cherries, pitted, 1 vanilla cup almond milk
- PB & J: 1 cup water, 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, 1Tbsp. of natural peanut butter
- Choco-Orange Delight: 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 cup water
- Nutella: 1 tsp. hazelnut extract, 1 cup water
Recipes Strawberry Shakeology
- Vanilla Strawberry: 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 cup water ice
- Cool Strawberry Mint: 1 tsp. mint extract, 1 cup water, ice
- Strawberry Strawberry: 1 cup of water, 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Strawberry Banana: 1 cup water, 1 frozen banana
- Orange Sunrise: ½ cup orange juice, ½ cup water, ice
- Double Berry: 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup water, ice
- Berry Bee: 1 Tbsp. honey, shakeology cup milk, ice
- Cherry Berry: ½ cup black cherries, pitted, 1 cup vanilla almond milk, ice
- Almond Strawberry: Strawberry Shakeology, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tbsp. almond butter, ice
- Peanut Butter Berry: 1 cup water, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 1/2 cup ice
Tropical Shakeology Recipes (Vegan)
- Mixed Berries: 1 cup skim milk, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup blackberries
- Strawberry Banana: 1 cup water, 1 frozen or fresh banana
- Sweet Almond Sunrise: 1 cup almond unsweetened milk, 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt, 1 tsp raw honey
- Strawberry Smoothie: 1 cup non-fat plain frozen yogurt, 3/4 cup skim milk
- Coconut Paradise: 1 cup skim milk, 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Almond Bliss: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- Fruity Colada: 1 cup coconut water, 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, 1/2 cup pineapple, cubed
- Citrus Berry: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup 100% orange juice, 1/4 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Kiwi Melon Berry: 1 cup water, 1 kiwi fruit, peeled, 1/2 cup watermelon chunks
- Strawberry Coconut Cooler: 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 cup ice
Vanilla Shakeology Recipes
- Strawberry Vanilla: 1 cup water, 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Orange Creamsicle: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup 100% orange juice, ice
- Iced Mocha: 1/2 cup cooled brewed coffee, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or skim milk, 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Vanilla Almond: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1Tbsp. natural almond butter, ice
- Peaches and Cream: 2/3 cup water, 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 1 cup frozen sliced peaches
- Watermelon Breeze: 1 cup unsweetened rice milk, 1 cup cubed watermelon, 2 fresh basil leaves
- Minty Honeydew: 1 cup water, 1 cup cubed honeydew, 4 fresh mint leaves
- Just Grape: 1 cup unsweetened rice milk, 1 cup red grapes (fresh or frozen)
- Greek Islander: 1/2 cup natural pomegranate juice, 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, 2 fresh basil leaves
- Piña Colada: 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1/2 cup 100% pineapple juice
Greenberry Shakeology Recipes
- Kiwi Pineapple Delight: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 2 peeled kiwis
- Blueberry Breeze: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup 100% orange juice, 1/2 cup blueberries
- Strawberry Lime: 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Peach Sunrise: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1/2 cup sliced peaches
- Orange Sunrise: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- Key Lime Dream: 1 cup skim milk, juice of 1 lime, 1Tbsp. raw honey
- Lemonana: 3/4 cup organic lemonade, 1/2 cup rice milk, 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- Strawberry Lemonade: 1 cup water, 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), juice of 1 lemon
- Strawberry Kiwi Delight: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 peeled kiwi fruits, 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Cherry Berry: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 unsweetened cranberry juice, 1/2 cup pitted black cherries
- Mango Tango: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1/2 cup mango
Cafe Latte Shakeology Recipes
- Holiday Latte: 1 tsp. peppermint extract, 1 cup water
- Cinnamon Latte: 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 cup water
- Irish Coffee Latte: 1 tsp. rum extract, 1 cup water
- Creamy Caramel Latte: ½ tsp. caramel extract, 1 cup almond milk
- Frozen Banana: 1 cup water, 1 frozen banana
- Coffee Bee: 1 Tbsp. honey, 1 cup milk
- Café Parisian: ½ tsp. orange extract, 1 cup water
- Vanilla Cherry Latte: ½ cup black cherries, pitted, 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- Creamy Almond Latte: 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tbsp. all-natural almond butter
Blending the Perfect Smoothie
Play with the consistency.
I remember mixing it with 8 oz to start with me, and gag!! It was way too thick for me! I now like 12 oz of liquid for 1 scoop of Shakeology and a little fruit.
Use a blender.
As I mentioned before – Shakeology is a health drink – not a milkshake. If you just shake it in a shaker cup – it won’t taste good. You need a blender and to use the Shakeology Recipe card it comes with to make it a treat.
Try using half a scoop and build up.
Just like it takes time to adjust to protein powder or a certain food, Shakeology is the same.
Drink it COLD.
3 Food Recipes Shakeology
1. Reeses’ Shakeology Cups
- ¼ cup dark chocolate morsels
- 2 scoops Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
- 1 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 6 tsp. all-natural smooth peanut butter, divide use
Instructions: Prepare twelve mini muffin cups by lining with muffin papers, Place morsels in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir; microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted. Do not overcook. Set aside. Place Shakeology, psyllium husk, and pumpkin in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
Divide dough into 12 small balls; place each ball in a muffin cup. Press dough down into a flat disk with a depression in the middle. Place ½ tsp. peanut butter in each depression.
Drizzle melted morsels evenly over each peanut butter cup; spread to create a thin chocolate layer on top. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
2. Cafe Latte Shakeology Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops Café Latte Shakeology
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs
3. Vanilla Shakeology Cake Pops
- 1½ scoops Vanilla Shakeology
- 1¼ cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup all-natural smooth almond butter
- 4 Medjool dates, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 large banana)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract