The P90X3 fitness program seriously kicks the original to the curb for us. We bought the original because of the infomercial back in 2007. We loved that the workouts, nutrition plan and support were all laid out for you. However, the workouts were so long. Also the yoga workout was over 90 minutes! The new workout program combines muscle confusion and muscle integration to give you max results in just 30 minutes a day. It’s broken down into 3 phases like the original.
Need a Workout Calendar? Just Scroll Down to the Bottom of This Post!
What Makes it Special?
This program is from someone who bought the original P90X and returned it. Everyone can find room for 30 minutes a day.
It comes with a killer nutrition guide. You can choose to measure everything out or use the portion control option. It is very flexible in not dictating what to eat but rather educating you on what you need with each meal. It also gives you the flexibility to choose from a food list including proteins, carbs, and healthy fats.
The variety is awesome. Tony Horton includes strength training, agility, mixed martial arts, Pilates, yoga, and plyometrics during the program so you’re never bored!
Max Results in 30 Minutes. The variety in the workouts help to confuse your muscles. This is the same technique used in the original program which led to amazing results in just 90 days. Since P90X, there have been major advances in the industry.
Who are the P90X3 workouts for?
You can customize the program to fit your needs whether you’re a beginner or an advanced exerciser. I found I was better at some workouts than others, and this program helped me improve on my weak areas.
If you’re a beginner, there are modifications, and you can also slow down the speed of moves. If you’re an advanced exerciser, you will continue to be challenged across the board because of the variety and advanced modifications shown as well.
You also don’t have to do P90X or P90X2 before trying this program. Furthermore, I personally would recommend this program over those 2 any day of the week. The 30 minute workouts are easier for busy people plus P90X2 was just ridiculously hard.
The program includes 16 30 minute workouts, a full nutrition plan, and 4 workout calendars to help you hit your specific goals.
6 Resistance Workouts
- Total Synergistics – You’ll do total body resistance and balance moves during this workout.
- The Challenge – Not a favorite, but it’s a great chest and back routine. You’ll do push ups and pulls ups the whole 30 minutes!
- Incinerator – This is one of my favorites. It’s a total body workout and challenges you until failure. It includes pull ups, push ups, rows and curls during the workout.
- Eccentric Upper – During this workout, you focus on time under tension training to grow lean muscle.
- Eccentric Lower – It also focused on time under tension but incorporates lower body moves.
- The Warrior – This is similar to 22 Minute Hard Corps and has been done on military bases around the world. It’s a body resistance, cardio and total body workout.When you need a one-size-fits-all workout that can be done anytime, anywhere, this is your drill.
3 Power Workouts
Agility X – Consider this one of the hardest cardio workouts within the whole program.
Triometrics – This is an insane plyo workout on steroids. You’ll feel your leg muscles after this workout.
- Decelerator – This workout includes explosive movements followed by quick stops.
3 Cardio Workouts
CVX Review – P90X3 CVX is a true total body workout using a light-weight during cardio rounds.
MMX – One of my favorites and such a tough workout. You’ll improve your strength, endurance, and flexibility!
- Accelerator – You’ll do a move at two different speeds to challenge your cardio and muscle strength.
4 Core, Flexibility and Balance Workouts
- X3 Yoga – A no nonsense workout to improve flexibility, balance and core strength.
- Pilates X – You’ll focus on your posture and also your core to stabilize your joins and improve muscle elasticity.
- Isometrix – This is the best of yoga to me. You’ll hold poses for 45 seconds for strength and balance.
- Dynamix – Stabilization, flexibility and strength are all required in this workout.
PLUS the X3 Ab Ripper and On One Leg bonuses to mix into your workout days.
Cool Bonus: Cold Start Option
The Cold Start is great if you’re working out first thing in the morning. It’s a 12 minute warm up that incorporates stretching, light cardio and yoga to wake up the body before starting your intense workout.
You’ll also receive a complete fitness guide outlining each workout, nutrition guide, workout schedules, resistance band, and “How to Accelerate” DVD. Plus online support and a 90 day money-back guarantee.
It does require equipment and room. You’ll need free weights, a yoga mat, and a pull up bar or band. I personally also used a pull-up assist because of the amount of pull-ups and chin-ups you do. I used 5-20 lbs.
How much does it Cost?
- P90X3 Challenge Pack includes 30 days of online streaming ANY of the P90X workouts and Shakeology $205
- Base Kit with Your 16 Workouts – $120
- Deluxe Kit with Additional Workouts $240
- P90X3 Ultimate Kit $330
I would recommend the challenge pack because it includes plenty of variety in the workouts. Plus you can stream 1000s of other workouts and download custom meal plans for the first 30 days.
4 Different P90X3 Workout Schedules
You have 4 different P90X Workout schedules to pick from: Classic, Lean, Mass, and Doubles. I chose the P90X3 Classic Schedule. Each offer cardio, resistance, and the “classic” muscle confusion.
Regardless of which schedule you choose, you do them in 3 “blocks” of 4 weeks each. Also, none of the same workouts are repeated within the same week.
Choosing a P90X3 Calendar
The program offers three different approaches for working out Classic which is described as getting ripped and strong, Lean which means the program is designed to tone those muscles without adding bulk. Mass is the program formulated to increases muscle mass.
- Classic Schedule – Printable – Classic helps you get ripped and strong. You can expect to lose fat and gain lean muscle while improving your balance and core strength.
- Lean Schedule – Printable– The lean calendar helps with mobility, flexibility and cardio.
- P90X3 Mass Schedule Printable – In contrast to the lean calendar, the Mass schedule is perfect if you’re looking to gain a lot of muscle. You’ll focus in on nutrition and heavier weights.
- Doubles Calendar – Printable – I love the 30 minute workouts, but if you need to do an hour The Doubles schedule is for you!
P90X3 Review and Results
- The workouts are TOUGH. Don’t underestimate 30 minutes.
- It’s the total approach to fitness: strength, cardio, balance, and core.
- CVX P90X3 is an amazing total body workout you’ll use forever.
- Tony’s best Yoga workout is this one!
- He’s motivating and funny throughout the workout.
- He teaches and focuses on proper form.
- Every day is ab day because of the crazy focus on the core work!
- His jokes can get old.
- I struggle with 1 pull up, and the workout is very pull-up heavy.
- No example of the move before he expects you to do it.
- There is a modifier, but the modifications are sometimes a just a joke.
I love this workout; however, I would not recommend it to someone with no prior experience working out at home. I was fine because I knew how to make modifications on my own from my previous workout experience.
P90X3 Before and After
Started with the Base Kit or Challenge Pack – Email for access to our 21 Day Challenge
If you’re doing the P90X3 program, what is your P90X3 Review? Do you agree with mine?
Free P90X3 Worksheet