As back to school season approaches, we found the best school lunch ideas for picky eaters! Kids will love these ideas, and you’re going to love how healthy and quick they are to make!
All of these school lunches are designed to fit your busy lifestyle! Plus, they’ve all been approved by kids!! You can also always make changes to these recipes and ideas for specific dietary needs.
We love these Collapsable Silicone Containers to make prepping school lunches a breeze!
Healthy School Lunch Ideas for Picky Eaters
While we’ll share a few recipes for school lunches below, we also wanted to offer a few grab-and-go options as well! These are particularly helpful if you have a picky eater!
- Turkey Sandwich
- Trail mix
- Ham & Cheese Roll-Ups
- Carrots with Ranch
- Almond Butter & Jelly
- String Cheese
- Cheese Quesadilla
- Tortilla Chips
- Kabobs of turkey, cheese and bread
- Celery with Ranch
- Pinwheels with sliced cheese, ham or turkey, tomatoes, and lettuce rolled tight
- Apple Sauce
- Pita with Hummus, Shredded Chicken and Tomato
- Apple Chips
- Pasta Salad
Love these healthy kids lunches for school? You may also like our 13 Simple Steps to Eating Healthier
Healthy Sides for School Lunches
If your kid loves a certain type of sandwich, you can mix up their school lunches by changing up the sides.
Here are a few of our favorite side ideas!
- Gluten Free Crunchy Energy Bites (10 Minute Prep)
- Honey and Carrot Muffins (10 Minute Prep)
- Air Fryer Apple Chips (5 Minute Prep)
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers (5 Minute Prep)
- Daily Sunshine Smoothie (5 Minute Prep)
- String Cheese
- Daily Sunshine Fruit Dip (5 Minute Prep)
- Apple Sauce
- Greek Yogurt
- Fruit Leather or Snacks
- Fruit Cup
You may also like our 21 Healthy Snack Mix Recipes
Creative School Lunches
- Above: Turkey Avocado Chipotle Sandwich (15 Minute Prep)
- Homemade Spaghetti O’s (20 Minute Prep)
- DIY Nachos Lunchable (10 Minute Prep)
You may also like these Mason Jar Salads!
- Above: Vegetarian Taco Wraps (10 Minute Prep)
- Submarine Lunch (10 Minute Prep)
- Turkey & Cheese Roll-Ups (5 Minute Prep)
School Lunch Ideas for Adventurous Eaters
- Above: Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi (10 Minute Prep)
- Healthy Turkey Salad (8 Minute Prep)
- Hello Kitty Bento Lunch (10 Minute Prep)
You may also like our Best Breakfast Bar Recipes
Don’t Forget Dessert in Your School Lunches
Gluten-Free Granola Bars (15 Minute Prep)
These quick-to-make granola bars are chewy, sweet, and so much better than store-bought! They’re also make a great after-school snack as well!
Sweet Potato Brownie Bites (15 Minute Prep)
Sneak in a vegetable with this healthier dessert option. It’s perfect for your kiddos lunch!
Tools to Take School Lunches to The Next Level
We know packing a lunch takes time, energy, and remembering to grab it on the go!
Here are a few favorite items to make lunchtime easier and more fun!
- Reuseable Sandwich Bags (like a resealable ziplock)
- LunchBots Thermos
- Kid’s Water or Juice Bottle
- Bento Lunch Box
- Fun Shapes Vegetable Cutter
- Wet Ones
Include a Lunch Box Note for More Memories
I used to love finding a note or a silly picture in my lunch box growing up. While I was tickled with a sweet message on my napkin, you could even go one step further using the Dating Diva’s Lunch Box Notes Templates!
That wraps up a few of our favorite Kids’ Lunches for School!
Pin them for later so you always have fresh inspiration!
Love these kids school lunch ideas?
You may also love our healthy breakfasts, lunches, snacks and desserts all ready for you to try!
- 46+ Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy Lunch Recipes
- Quick and Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Delicious Crockpot Meals
- Sugar-Free Desserts