This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions shared are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
I wanted to add in some cardio, so I decided on Core De Force’s full body MMA workouts! The whole calendar is 30 days, and you don’t need any equipment — super convenient!! Below I review the workouts and share the amazing Core de Force results (with before and after pictures) below!
What is Core De Force?
Beachbody’s Core de Force is a 30-day mixed martial arts program created by Joel Freeman and Jericho McMatthews. Each workout is a mix of kickboxing, Muay Thai, and interval training to burn a ton of calories and increase muscle definition.
Who should try it?
People who want to:
- lose weight
- gain lean, toned muscle
- improve their midsection
- feel super challenged in their workout
- learn more about mixed martial arts
- try high-intensity workouts
- get in a workout under an hour and see results
- use their own body as their resistance and workout
How long is Core de Force?
It’s a 30-day program, and the workouts are 30-45 minutes long. You’ll workout 6 days a week, and the 7th day is an active recovery day.
I recommend doing 2 rounds because you’ll be stronger and able to go harder in your 2nd round. I know for me after I did the strength workouts for the first time, I had to modify everything. As I got stronger, I could do a little more each time.
Your Core De Force Workouts & Workout Lengths
There are 3 Types of Workouts:
- Cardio: Boxing, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai combinations
- Strength: Bodyweight training that sculpts and tones
- Recovery: Stretch and replenish your body for the next week
The program includes 16 unique workouts:
- Speed (27 minutes) – 6 Rounds of High-Intensity Cardio.
- Shred (37 minutes) – 9 Rounds of High-Intensity Cardio.
- Power (47 minutes) – 12 Rounds of High-Intensity Cardio.
- Plyo (47 minutes) – The mack daddy workout with 12 rounds of jumping Cardio.
- Power Sculpt (36 minutes) – It’s a total body strength workout that again uses your own body weight to shred out lean muscle.
- Dynamic Strength (47 minutes) – This workout left me sore for days. It’s total body strength routines using just your body weight.
- Active Recovery Recharge (21 minutes) – This workout is pretty easy, but it’s still worth doing. It focuses on form and technique to reduce muscle soreness.
- Relief (5 minutes) – This stretch workout is a quick way to extend your cool down if you’re feeling stiff.
- Core Kinetics (15 minutes) – This is a no-joke ab workout that activates the whole core.
- 5 Min Core On the Floor (5 minutes) – It’s a killer ab workout with no rest.
- MMA Mash-Up (25 minutes) – It’s a bonus workout that includes the best from the cardio and strength workouts.
- Speed 2.0 (27 minutes) – MMA Speed intensified with fresh combinations and more intense cardio spikes
- Shred 2.0 (37 minutes) – Includes fresh Muay Thai combinations to get into fighting shape fast!
- Agility Strength (37 minutes) – This workout includes fast footwork to improve your agility and coordination.
- Agility Power Grab (27 minutes) – The agility ladder challenges your coordination and agility once again for a max calorie burn!
- MMA Kick Butt (37 minutes) – Such a great lower body workout to challenge your legs and butt.
CORE DE FORCE RESULTS
Here are just a few Core de Force Before and After shots!
Each of these Core de Force before and after pictures motivate me so much! You’ll see each woman above did 3 rounds as well.
What’s included in Core de Force?
This workout program was originally on DVD, but now it’s exclusively on Beachbody on Demand to stream. We did a full article on streaming your workout with Beachbody on Demand you may like, but if you’re used to streaming anything – it’s super easy to use!
With Beachbody on Demand you receive digital access to::
- All 16 Core de Force Workouts
- Quick Start Guide
- Eating Plan
- Food Tracker
- 30 Day Workout Calendar
- Deluxe Calendar
- Hybrid Calendar
- Online support from your coach (like us!)
- With Beachbody on Demand, you’ll also get access to 45+ other Beachbody programs too like Morning Meltdown 100, LIIFT4, 10 Rounds, and 80 Day Obsession!
Is it set to music like Les Mills Body Combat?
The workouts have music, but unlike Body Combat – it’s not set to music.
Is there a modifier?
Yes! I’ve seen the modifier in a sneak peek, and she is awesome. She is a real person that is doing the best she can and hasn’t hit her goal weight yet. I love being able to workout with someone that is so genuine like that.
Is it low-impact?
Each workout is customizable, and each move also includes a low-impact option. I did the low-impact options to protect my knees, and I still burned a ton of calories and felt challenged. Also, Joel has had knee and back problems due to past exercises so this is set up as safe and customized as possible. So while there may be some high impact moves it isn’t the full workout program, and you can also modify the jumping moves.
What equipment do I need?
You just need your body and about 6 feet of room to workout for this program!!
How many calories burned during Core de Force?
Everyone is different, but I burned anywhere from 100 calories with the short recovery workouts to 400 with MMA Plyo! I tracked my calories burned with my Apple Watch.
Who are Joel and Jericho? Are they married?
You might know Joel Freeman and Jericho McMatthews from previous Les Mills Pump workouts. The duo were my favorite trainers, and when Beachbody and Les Mills went their separate ways Joel and Jericho went to Beachbody! Also, they are both married, but they aren’t married to each other. (We actually interviewed Breanne, Joel’s wife recently!)
Where can I buy Core de Force?
You can order it online from any Beachbody Coach! If you’d like me to be your coach make sure it says, Kalee Dillard is your coach when you checkout. If it doesn’t you can look me up with the coach ID 1001548.
Core de Force vs 21 Day Fix
We love the 21 Day Fix. It includes such a great variety of workouts, and my before and after results were amazing. While I love both programs, they are very different from each other.
Core de Force is typically longer workouts and requires no weights. 21 Day Fix is 30 minutes, and you need weights or bands.
The meal plans for both programs are very similar. I personally stuck with Ultimate Portion Fix versus the Core de Force Meal Plan.
You might also like: T25 vs Insanity Max 30 vs P90X3: Which is Better?
My Core de Force Review: What’s the Real Story?
As a Beachbody coach, some workouts excite me more than others. This workout had me super excited to try, and it didn’t let me down!
The MMA Workouts and Strength Routines are Tough.
I was sweating like crazy during the cardio workouts, and my muscles were challenged in a brand new way during the strength workouts. I know the program has core in the name, but I couldn’t believe the amount of work my abs and lower back got! They are so much stronger after just one 30-day round.
The Core Workouts
You won’t be doing crunches every day, though. Besides a crunch with a hook or uppercut, I really don’t feel like I did crunches or sit-ups at all.
The secret to improving your core strength with the workouts is a lot of standing rotation moves, planks, and challenging push-ups. The combination of the three moves has your entire core fired up and working hard.
It’s also a great workout if you have Diastasis Recti.
If you’ve had a baby and had abdominal separation, you know how frustrating it can be to improve your midsection. Crunches and traditional abdominal moves actually can cause the separation to be more pronounced, but the core training in this program focuses on the whole core which means it can help improve diastasis recti.
For me, I felt like the strength workouts were the hardest. You are doing a lot of pushups, planks, and then lower body moves. My heart-rate was up during the strength workouts too especially with those lower body moves. So I burned just as many calories on strength days as my cardio workouts.
I thought it would get old.
I really thought the 3-minute rounds would get old, but they didn’t. Each time I do a workout I learn a little more and get a little stronger so I can do more. It’s a great workout if you’re wanting to lose weight and/or achieve that lean look. Since there aren’t any weights – don’t expect to bulk up or anything.
This workout will give you strong, lean muscle mass.
If you want to gain muscle mass, these workouts aren’t for you. You might prefer LIIFT4, Hammer & Chisel or Body Beast for muscle mass. In contrast, this Beachbody program is designed to give you a longer, leaner look.
If you’re a new mom, you’ll love Jericho.
She is a tough cookie! She had her first baby in 2015, and she immediately started shooting these workouts just 90 days after.
Are you as excited about these MMA style workouts now?
You may also like: