Working out shouldn’t feel like a punishment, but sometimes it feels like it. We love a fun workout, and Autumn Calabrese’s Country Heat workout is just that.
Country Heat Review
Country Heat is a workout and meal plan set up to help you lose weight and have fun in 30 minutes a day.
Each workout is high-energy with low impact moves to protect your knees. Each workout has simple to follow moves set to country music.
You’ll do 2 moves at a time, and then move on to two new moves. So you don’t have to be a dancer or even coordinated to jump in and have some fun.
Who Will Like Country Heat
If you’re new to exercise and looking for a fun dance workout, this is perfect for you! You’ll burn calories and get in your cardio each day without knowing it. It’s also great for an exercise that is looking for a fun, low-impact cardio workout. Don’t worry if you’re not great at choreography either – the moves are simple to learn.
Who is Country Heat for?
- Country music lovers looking for a fun workout
- If you like to dance around your room just for fun.
- People looking for a cardio routine that doesn’t feel like work.
- You’ll love it if you’re just starting your fitness journey.
- If you’re an advanced exerciser and looking from a change in your fitness routine.
The Country Heat Meal Plan is Super Simple
I love the Country Heat meal plan because it’s set up just like the 21 Day Fix’s Portion Control plan. If you’re not familiar with Autumn Calabrese’s 21 Day Fix containers, it basically simplifies portion control.
You’ll receive a full nutritional guide and color-coded containers that are pre-portioned for each food group. In your nutrition guide, it will have a simple formula like the one below to figure out how many containers of food you should each day.
The meal plan breaks down your meals into color-coded containers relating to food groups like:
- Green is Vegetables
- Purple is Fruit
- Red is Protein
- Yellow is Starches & Treats
- Blue is Healthy Fats (Nuts, Avocado, etc)
- Orange is Healthy Fats as well (dressings & seeds)
You don’t have to count calories, and you still get your favorite foods each week.
You might also like: Get Started with 21 Day Fix Calorie Calculator & Meal Plan Template
The Country Heat Meal Plan is perfect if:
- you’re a picky eater
- don’t like feeling deprived on a diet
- struggle to count calories
- have a food allergy
- need to customize your plan to breastfeed
Still not sure? Ya, we weren’t either….
We got together with a few of our workout friends to talk about our first reactions to the workout.
Who is Country Heat’s Trainer, Autumn Calabrese?
Autumn Calabrese, the trainer behind this and the 21 Day Fix, was originally a dancer. An injury caused her to have to switch professions in her 20s, and she fell into fitness from there. She’s trained celebrities and is currently Beachbody’s top trainer.
This workout program is so much fun and her genuine personality kept me motivated.
“You’re going to be focusing on what a good time you’re having, and that’s why this program will succeed where others have failed you—you’re going to want to keep coming back for more.” – Autumn
You might also like: Autumn Calabrese Whips You Into Shape in 30 Minutes
Can you really dance and see results?
Yes – remember you’re going to burning calories and working your whole body. Mix the workouts with a good diet, and you’ll see results.
Autumn was easy to follow and gave the cues at just the right time. It was helpful that she demonstrated everything before we put all the move together. – Melissa
Is Country Heat Low-Impact?
Yes! It has been said to be low-impact so even people with knee problems will love this program.
Is there a modifier?
Yes! There is a modifier in every workout!
Do I need any equipment?
Nope – just your body! There is no equipment required, but cross-trainer or tennis shoes are best for the workout.
What if I can’t dance?
I’m not very coordinated, and I have no dancing background. I usually feel so stupid doing a dance workout, but this really is a lot of fun. Autumn teaches two steps at a time so you never have to remember a whole routine.
Is it line dancing?
No. It is set to country music, but it isn’t just dancing in a line. If you love to line dance though, I think you will really enjoy this program.
How long is the program?
Unlike her crazy effective 21 Day Fix debut, Country Heat will be 30 days, and you workout 6 days a week. Each Country Heat workout is 30 minutes long.
What does Country Heat Include?
The dance program includes 5 workouts plus one total body toning workout. You’ll also receive a quick-start guide, a 30-day calendar, Autumn’s Fix portion-control containers and nutrition program.
The Base Program is $59.85 and includes:
- Country Swing: 32 Minutes
- Giddy Up: 29 Minutes
- Down and Dirty: 27 Minutes
- Bring the Heat: 27 Minutes
- Trail Ride: 25 Minutes
- Dance Conditioning: 25 Minutes
- Bonus workout: Dance Mash-Up: 20 Minutes
Each workout also contains a breakdown of the moves that you can do to learn the routines.
The Deluxe Kit is $119.70 and includes everything above plus:
- Wild Goose Chase: 27 Minutes
- Cardio Round-Up: 15 Minutes
Free Gifts with Any Order
- Saddle Up Line Dance 5 Minutes
- Night Crawl Line Dance 5 Minutes
The Challenge Pack includes everything in the base program plus 30 Days to Beachbody on Demand (Beachbody’s streaming service) and Shakeology!
You’ll also save about 25% off the retail prices!
Is it on Beachbody On Demand?
Yes! You can stream 700+ Beachbody workouts with Beachbody on Demand. Plus you can download the Country Heat calendar and nutrition guide. Not sure what On Demand is? Check out the details here
This is just my 2-cents, but I would suggest doing the Beachbody on Demand Membership to try out the program. With it, you get access to stream 700+ Beachbody workouts for a year.
They’ve already added 2 additional country dancing workouts with Autumn that are exclusive Beachbody on Demand, and I know they’ll be adding new content all year long.
Plus, Country Heat is a great program to have in your routine, but you’ll likely want to try a different workout after 30, 60, or 90-days. So with the Beachbody on Demand you can start with Country Heat, then advance to the 21 Day Fix, then Extreme or bounce around to Cize or Core de Force if you want. Everything is open to you!
Is the music cheesy??
Not if you love country music! We know Cotton Eye Joe, Play Something Country, I Like it I Love It and Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy are just a few of the songs included.
3 Ways to See Max Results with Country Heat
- Watch the Breakdowns – Autumn teaches you 2 moves at a time, but if you struggle during the workout try watching the breakdown to learn the moves. As an uncoordinated, non-dancer I had no problems learning 2 moves at a time though.
- Follow the Meal Plan – You can’t out-exercise a bad diet, but the Country Heat meal plan is simple and straightforward. You can even have a treat like a beer or glass of wine up to 3x a week.
- Commit – Be consistent with your routines and meals for 30 days. It’ll be fun some days and easy to skip others. Challenge yourself to become better in just a month!
As a SoreyFitness reader, you have access to the private challenge when you purchase Beachbody on Demand or Country Heat kit this month!
Check out the Base Kit, Deluxe Kit or Challenge Pack here to get started!
Are you going to try Autumn Calabrese’s Dance Workout?
You might also like these fun dance workouts:
- Turbo Jam: Fun Cardio Workout to Tone Up
- YouV2 Pop Music: 30 Minute Dance Workouts
- CIZE – Shaun T’s Hip Hop Dance Program