My husband’s Insanity before and after pictures are amazing, and you can print the Insanity Calendar now. In just 2 months, he lost over 40lbs!
Then again, you can burn up to 1,000 calories in an hour doing the workout. I should have known he would transform his body in 2 months.
Jake followed the meal plan with mostly paleo dinners which consisted of a lean protein like a chicken breast, a cup of broccoli, and a sweet potato with ghee. He never felt deprived, and his Insanity results still blow me away.
With Insanity, you are working out 6 days a week for about 45-60 minutes a day. If you need a shorter workout but the results people see have you sold on Insanity check out Insanity MAX 30. It’s tough, but it’s 30 minutes a day versus 45-60 and just 5 days a week. You’ll still see amazing results; I’d at least check out both and see what works best with your schedule.
Need something a little less INSANE? Check out Beachbody T25
Insanity Max 30 includes HIIT and Tabbata training, but the original program is still very similar. You’ll be going all-out as hard as you can go for so long, and then be given a short rest period.
The original Insanity Calendar is 60 days. Jake personally liked month 1 much better than month 2 because month 2’s workouts just get stupid long. If you’re giving your workout everything you have, there is no reason (in my opinion) to have to workout as long as some of those workouts.
You can always customize the program for you and your needs. For me, that meant doing 60 days of month 1’s rotation.
Insanity’s Nutrition Plan
A basic rule is 40% protein 40% carbs and 20% healthy fats. You’ll also want to stick to whole foods for maximum energy. That means skipping fast and processed foods. If it’s in a box, it’s not a whole food.
Since you’re training in intervals, your calorie burn with this workout will be pretty durn high – especially since it’s so intense! If you need help figuring out your insanity calories check out my calorie formula here or Google calorie calculators.
Your Tips To MAX Insanity Results
1. Follow a healthy diet to see results – Please know even with insane, extreme workouts you will NOT see the results shown in the videos or pictures if you don’t follow the meal plan.
2. Commit to it – Some days you will be sore, tired, or busy. If you’re wanting to change your body in just 60 days, it’s going to take all 60 of them working hard and committing to your workouts and nutrition.
3. Plan Your Workouts – You need to know the length of each workout and the calendar. For example, Wednesday’s you’ll be doing a shorter workout but adding in abs.
4. Prep, prep, prep! The program is hard enough, but if you don’t have a plan it may feel impossible. Plan out your workout schedules for the family. Find enough space to do a plank, jumping jacks, and side to side exercises. Have a towel and water handy for during your workouts. Prep your meals once to twice a week. Join a group like our 21 Day Challenge to prepare for those days when you don’t want to workout – we will push you to do more!
5. Know That It Won’t be Easy – You’re asking for a major overhaul if you’re attempting insanity. The program is designed to get you the best body of your life; if it was easy everyone would do it.
If you commit the workout results will speak for themselves.
Need a coach to help you decide on this workout or just hold you accountable to your goals? Reach out to us at email@example.com or let us know a little more about you by applying for our 21 Day Challenge.
Things to Know About the Insanity Workout Schedule
- You don’t need fancy equipment or weights.
- If you have bad knees or don’t like high-impact workouts, this max workout probably isn’t for you. A great low-impact option is the 21 Day Fix.
- If you’ve never worked out before – this probably isn’t for you.
- To further my point above, proper form is not really taught in this workout. Shaun T will point out certain corrections, but the program as a whole doesn’t go over form like a personal trainer would in my opinion. Hammer and Chisel, T25 and the 21 Day Fix all teach proper form better.
- You’ll also be able to track how much more fit you are with the fit test.
- Expect to lose inches and gain muscle definition versus muscle mass.
- Sleep is as important as your nutrition and fitness.
The Insanity Workouts
- The workouts are based around interval max training which has been shown to burn up to 9x more fat than traditional cardio. You’ll go all out then recover with a 30 second recover interval.
- On top of Insanity max interval training, Shaun T mixes in compound moves – which means you’re basically working your whole body in one move. This keeps your heart rate high and all of your muscles engaged.
- You’ll workout 6 days a week on the program with Sundays off. Thursday is your recovery day, but don’t let that fool you. The squats in it are killer! Don’t skip it! It has great stretches and strength moves to maximize your results and also give you a well-rounded approach to your fitness level.
- So much of the max workouts are mental as well. You have to listen to your body and know how far you push yourself safely. I love my heart rate monitor to make sure I’m not going TOO crazy.
- There is a recovery week in between month 1 and 2. Some people are tempted to skip it after doing intense extreme workouts for 4 weeks. Don’t fall into this trap though! Your body needs that time to recover and prepare for the next 30 day calendar. People often see weight drop off during this recovery week because your body is finally settling in and knows these interval workouts are going to make them stronger
and not kill you.
Are you ready to have your own Insanity before and after?
Do you own Insanity and just not made it through it yet? Are you wanting to try it the first time? Either way – we’d love to have you join our 21 Day Challenge we run every month. Just apply here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect?
You’ll receive 10 workouts that focus on plyometric cardio circuit training (jumping) and intervals of strength, power, resistance, and core training. The Insanity ab workout is no joke! You’ll also receive the FULL nutrition guide, online support, and the Insanity Calendar.
Month 1’s Workouts
- Fit Test (30 Minutes)
- Plyometric Circuit (42 Minutes) – killer leg workout
- Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance (40 Minutes)
- Pure Cardio Circuit & Cardio Abs (55 Minutes)
- Cardio Recovery
A Recovery Workout: Insanity Core Cardio Balance (37 Minutes)
Month 2’s Workouts
- Insanity Max Interval Circuit (56 minutes) + Fit Test
- Max Interval Plyo (55 minutes)
- Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning / Max Insanity Conditioning + Abs (65 minutes)
- Max Recovery (47 minutes)
The challenge pack also includes 30 days to stream tons of workouts online (which I love), a club membership with a meal planner, and 30 days of Shakeology. I recommend Shakeology as your breakfast or snack during the Insanity program to help replenish your bodies nutrition and help with your energy during these extreme workouts.
Both options include a 30-day money-back guarantee and t-shirt when you submit your 60 day insanity results after completing your workout results.
You also receive personal coaching from us if you sign up using either of the links below. Feel free to email us at email@example.com to talk more about your goals and help you with any interval circuit workout.